Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I lost my father suddenly, only in his fifties.

Dreamery

• Members

I just lost my dad unexpectedly. He was in hospital. The doctors told us the night before he was stable and that we should have no worries. Then the next day he was gone.

• Members

I am so sorry about the loss of your father. I too suddenly lost my father only in his 50s. I am here if you ever just need someone to talk to.

• Members

I am so sorry for your loss! I just lost my dad last week and his death was sudden too. My dad went to the hospital and didn't tell any of his children and by the time i found out the next day that he was there (i was told he was conscious and they were going to run tests) and then about 15 minutes later i learned he had already passed. He was in his early 60s.

• Members

I am so sorry too lizzy, it's so sad and sometimes you don't know what way to feel. It's really a strange feeling. I hope you are keeping strong. If ever u need to talk I will be available to speak to. I cannot describe half the time what I feel. If I do things I can keep my mind off it. I just hope wherever they are they are happy.

• Members

youre kind of lucky to have found this site so early I wish when it happened to me that I had someone to talk to that knows what its like. again everybody grieves differently but just to have someone to talk to that understands that your tired of hearing im sorry and they know what it feels like is great. its a long hard road and were all going to get through this together. im here to talk if anybody just wants someone to talk to

• Members

Yes, I think it's important I found this. I have a supporting partner but he would not understand so much but he's fantastic to me. It's a very hard thing to get your head around. People say sorry and are shocked too but they live their lives and don't get it until it happens to them. It feels so surreal, I mean I found myself actually last night thinking it wasnt real at all. Like maybe they mixed up something despite the fact I saw him in the hospital bed after he passed. It was him but now that it's sinking in its like I'm refusing to accept it. I won't forget that feeling of looking at him after he passed, i gave him a hug. i thought of how quick it happened.It was so traumatic. Please do talk to me about your experience if you need to, there must be a way to private message or something.

Archived