Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

my husband was laid to rest

needy

• Members

Tuesday my sons and I were the first to arrive at the cemetery which was good it gave them time to process everything. Then the rest of the family showed up and the funeral director. We were all standing around the plot waiting for the minister which was stuck in traffic and couldn't make it. So glad I requested the funeral director to be there, she said some prayers. My oldest son placed his father ashes into the ground. It was hard feeling all the emotions again but I have to say my mind feels clearer. Yesterday my oldest remarked that his mind is so clear and then my youngest said you too. Guess we are all feeling the same way.

• Members

Good for you, needy. I know it's painful and difficult, but it's another step taken on your road to recovery. Blessings to you, and to your family.

• Members

I also had my husbands ashes for a few months and one year ago 7-7-12 I put him in the ground. For me this was also a step to take and soon I will have an auction of the extra things I no longer need. People ask me why I am having an auction and I say they were my husbands and he no longer uses them - I try to find peace and yet also humor in this as they don't all know he has passed away. They think I am selling his stuff out from under him - however in the last few months of his life he told me to do this and in 2 months that will be over and another step in my life will be taken. I know all have extra steps in our lives and at different times we take them and we taken them at our own pace it is OK for use to do so. Hope you find peace in this step of laying him down.

Archived