Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Have a safe holiday

OldGeek

• Members

Holidays aren't so much fun any more, and I won't expect a happy one, but I intend to focus on happy memeories of past occassioins and try to avoid feeling sad about this one. Maybe it will work, or at least help a little.

Anyhow, try to stay safe if traveling or shooting fireworks. Appreciate those who care.

• Moderators

Same to you! Holidays aren't the same to say the least, but hope you can find some family or friends to do something with. Keeping busy (and/or with others) can really help. Till next

• Members

Same to you, and everyone here. I went to visit some friends about an hour away, and spent a couple of hours. I'm trying to stay involved in life and not give in to the impulse to withdraw into myself. Happy 4th, all. :)

• Members
MissingDaniel

Mine was bittersweet. I had planned on taking the kids to the local fireworks display like we always had, but the weather did not cooperate. We ended up having basically a block party in the neighborhood and had more fireworks on our street than we would have seen if we had gone downtown, which was great. But so much of the time, my mind kept saying how much fun he would have had - he was such a big kid, and absolutely loved things like that. So while I was happy the kids had fun, and it was enjoyable, it just seemed so sad to me that he wasn't there to enjoy this time with us. Guess that's they way so many things are going to be now....

• Members

My holiday was not so bad as I thought it could be. My son and I have a seasonal fireworks business, so I worked there from 9am to 10pm. Then my 8 yr old granddaughter wanted to spend the night, which was special (her first time away from home for the night). It was good having somebody in the house this morning, eating breakfast with her, etc. Still lots of stuff left to do this long weekend, but I like it that way right now.

Archived