Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

my son pointed out a girl.

Lostherwillawaysloveher

• Members
Lostherwillawaysloveher

We had just gone down and got a haircut, My son see's this woman walking into a store and says "Dad she's a hottie and she is not wearing a ring" I told him "I'm not even looking I'm a married man momma keeps me company and will carry us through."

I don't even know how to translate his thought process on this. HIs version of forever has changed drastically in the last month. I am not ready to date or even talk to other women.

• Moderators

I don't recall how old he is - that makes a big diff. Regardless, he's just looking out for you, be proud. :) But you should be able to let him know what you just told us.

• Members

I don't even know how to translate his thought process on this. HIs version of forever has changed drastically in the last month. I am not ready to date or even talk to other women.

His intentions are good, so just appreciate that for what it is. I know how you feel. I am not at all interested in dating. Fortunately, I do have a good number of male friends, so I do get to enjoy their platonic company from time to time. Just take things slow, don't worry about dating, or about your son's 10 year-old observations. He may have thought it would cheer you up.

• Members

Thats cute!! My daughter is 11 and she cant stand when men look my way! I still wear my wedding ring..its been over a year and im not ready..i do have a cool male friend that i talk with every now and then..but when i talk with him i get lost in thoughts of my husband! My husband has taken my heart and its not easy at al being here without him.My 19 yrs gine in a blink of an eye! U think children thibk of the things way differently than we do.My daughter is very over protective with me..Shes matured a lot in the last year...I think our children find the need to prtect and rake of us when they loose a parent! Its good your son is open with you!

Archived