Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Daughter speaking to my husband through a song

dsmurph

• Members

Sunday, as I was cleaning my kitchen, that old song by Michael Murphy--Wildfire came to me. I sang 1 verse outloud and wondered why I would think of that song, it is not a song that I listen to. Yesterday I was talking to my husband and telling him about this other song that I keep hearing in my dreams. I have heard it before but, don't know it. He mentioned that the song Wildfire has been on his spirit for a few days now. It plays over and over in his head. I looked it up on youtube. It is about a young woman who had a horse named Wildfire. The horse broke out of it's stall one winter and she went after it, dying in that blizzard. She comes back to this man in a dream saying she is coming for him and they are going to leave these hard times, riding Wildfire, together. My husband wants so bad to leave this world and be with Emily, our daughter. He stays here for us. But he would rather be there. I truly believe this song is from Emily. When it is his time, she will be there, waiting for him. What a blessing!

• Members
NeverAndAlways

i truly believe that too...what a heartrending and touching story at the same time. crying for you right now. I write poems that are addressed from our daughters to their mother to give them a way to speak to her...i always ask for their inspiration and some days the words come without thought. i also believe it is from them. a tragic loss with a beautiful story...i remember that song...N&A

• Members

Glad you are getting the signs you need and deserve. Everytime my wife and I go to "see" our son his favorite song comes on the radio. We have even tried changing the station and still there. Almost feels as though he is telling us he knows were coming.

Archived