Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Still hurting

Mycah

• Members

I lost my younger brother 4 years ago. It will be his birthday on the 20th and I miss him so much.

We never got to say good ye as he took his own life. We didn't even realise what he was going thru. He was such a strong happy go lucky person that suicide was the last thing we ever thought could happen to our family.

I wish he could have talked to us. We thought we were a close family but alas. It hurts that he didn't trust us enough to talk to. He left a note saying he was sorry that he didn't tell us what was going on in his mind but that doesn't help.

The pain has eased but never gone. There are songs that bring tears to my eyes coz I know he really enjoyed singing along to. I had a heart attack (minor) last year and each day I question God why didn't he take me as well so I could finally be with my little brother.

Having said that I have 2 teenage girls that need me so I do understand that God has kept me here for them but even so the loss is so hard.

• Members

Mycah, I am very sorry for the loss of your brother. There are people here who have lost their siblings and who have experienced the added agony of a loved one taking his/her own life. If you scroll down the page, you will find several forums to share your story. There will be people there to support and encourage. I am going to move this post for your, but I will leave a link here so you won't be worried if you can't find this. We will be here for you--ModKonnie

Archived