Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Insomnia

MissuDad

• Members

Hi,

For the last 2 nights I haven´t been able to sleep. I tried an homeopathic drug (sedatif PC) and even so, only ended falling asleep after taking alprazolam 0,5 mg.

Since dad died I´ve been having troubles falling asleep, but with some help, I always ended up doing it.

The first time was yesterday at a friend´s house, but now I´m back at home, unfortunately alone and even though I drank my teas and took a pill (started in half), I can´t fall asleep

I get all this anxious thoughts about being here alone, afraid of going insane with all of this and then I can´t shut down L

I´ll be back to work Monday and wake up in the morning, so this is scaring me!

Has anyone here been through the same? What strategies have you used?

Any help would be appreciated.

• Members

Sorry to hear of your loss. Having problems sleeping can be a symptom of depression. Your doctor should be able to help you. On the other front, have you thought about staying with your friend? Maybe a week or at least a few days, and gradually going home? Going home for the first time only compounds the grieving process, because it comes with its own set of feelings and emotions. It will be very difficult to deal with them all at once. Give yourself some time to grieve the loss, and gradually deal with the with being alone. Also a good idea might be to have someone you can call during these times, either to help with the loss, or just to talk. The grief we experience is hard enough on its own. It is extremely difficult to do it on your own. Search out support groups, and take help in any way or shape you can get it.

What I try to do is talk to the person when I lay down to sleep and tell them that I love them and miss them. Then I make a concious effort to stop the feelings and concentrate on something more relaxing.

Hope this helps some...

God Bless,

Al

Archived