Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Perfect Storm Brewing

lamp

• Members

It's been 8 days since my father-in-law passed, and I know the next 2 weeks are going to be hell. Caught myself crying in the shower this morning thinking about him, my dad and all the moments we shared, and then all the milestones upcoming. Father's Day & Dad's birthday are on the same day this year, unfortunately, followed the next day by the 5-month anniversary of his death. Then, we are burying my father-in-law on the 22nd, which is exactly 5 months after my dad's funeral. It is also my twins' birthday, which highly upset them, but the setting of the services was out of my control. Then, my father-in-law's birthday will be June 26. I want to retreat into a cave yet I can't because I have to be there for my husband. How am I going to deal with all this?! One step forward and a zillion steps back. Every day, I want to stay in bed and have to push myself to move. I just want to quit.

• Members

Lamp,

You will make it. Sometimes we don't know how or even want to, but you will. We all have those moments of feeling overwhelmed, but they do pass. Take one thing at a time, one day at a time. When you let them all crash in on you, the emotions will push you into the ground. There are days when I don't want to get out of bed, but I do, we all do. Try to focus on the task at hand. The ones in the future can't be dealt with now. They won't go away, and they will be there when you get there. Worrying about them today won't solve anything. Just like the rest of us, take each day as it comes. Try not to deal with all of the upcoming events at one time. It is impossible to do that, and all you end up doing is beating yourself up. Like I said try to deal with what is happening now. Tomorrow will have its own problems, and you will have to deal with them when you get there.

God Bless,

Al

• Members

Hi Lamp,

I´m really sorry for what you have to go and going through. Like Al said you will make it, take a small step at a time and focus on the present (easier said than done, I know).

We all have lousy times, even today I felt horrible, depressed and sad and barely left the house, but sometimes I try and think that maybe tomorrow will be better.

A big hug to you

Archived