Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my twin girls

Puddin Pop

• Members
Puddin Pop

On May 22, 2013, due to a water rupture, I had to labor & deliver my 19 week twin girls. It was just to soon for them to survive in the world. It took us years to finally get pregnant. We went through many different infertility treatments & finally moved to IVF, which was successful, with our twins. We made it through the first trimester and ingorantly thought we were "safe". I feel completely broken & lost without them. I hate not feeling them move, not going to the doctor to hear their heartbeats, not knowing that I was soon to be the mom of two beautiful little girls, not seeing my belly continue to grow. I feel like a complete emotional mess. My husband has been a wonderful support through all of this, but how do I even begin to move forward?

• Members

Oh Puddin Pop - My heart to you on the loss of your twins. To have gone through so much to get pregnant and then to have this happen is devastating. How do you begin to move forward? It will be a rough road but you will, even if you don't want to some days.

My situation is very different from yours...my 29 year old daughter died from leukemia, but loss is loss. and it's not supposed to happen this way. I'm so glad you have a supportive husband. Lean on him and share your grief, together you can move forward.

Prayers to you both.

• Members
rachel atkinson

Hi pudding pop. Im so sad for you and your husband on the loss off your 2 babies. Like you me and my husband started trying for a baby many years ago. We also went down the IVF route. Our first attempt turned out to be a ectopic pregnancy which i had to have to have surgically removed our second go didnt work then on what was to be our last go i got pregant. I had a great pregnancy and loved being pregnant. Unfortunatly my son had heart defects which werent detected prenatly and had 2 open heart surgerys. In the end he died of kidney failure at 33 days old. It seems so cruel that something youve wanted for so long and gone through so much to achieve has been taken away just like that. Im nearly 9 months on since we lost him and cant see the pain ever gettin any better. I know its still early days for us both and i cant thinkof anything to say which will make it any better but just wanted you to know you are not alone.

• Members
NeverAndAlways

Its so soon...there's no way to tell you how to move at all much less move forward. What I learned from losing twins is so sad I hardly want to share it...but it's so practical and started to help me eventually. I have the rest of my life mourn them and that is probably going to still be a long time yet...I gave myself permission to take turns and mourn them one at a time when I need to. I felt moved to just focus on one this month and devoted most of my grieving to just her. It felt so unnatural at first...but it feels so very right and so necessary now. So sorry...N&A

• Members

I am truly sorry for your loss. It is heart shattering. I lost my son at 25wks, also due to a membrane rupture. It was a year ago today and I haven't moved on yet, so I don't have an answer for you. I am 19wks pregnant with our second child, a daughter and it is scary as hell. Every appointment I am sure we will get bad news. I don't think we move on. I think it becomes a part of you and you just learn to deal with it in your everyday life.

• Members
Mommysangelisabella

Puddin pop,

Let me start with i am so very sorry for your loss of your sweet angels. I to know each and every feeling your having all to well. My isabella was born into heaven at 25weeks on sept. 24,2013. We are on a road no parent wishes to ever be on but ours is made worse because our lifes with our girls were cut so short. We were wheeled out of the hosptail holding boxes of thing that touched our babies and the only pictures of their true faces we will ever have. We went home to empty cribs and empty arms unable to breath and yet god expects us to just keep living even in the moments we want to just go be with them. We look at their dresses their hair bows the new born diapers they will never wear asking god how is this fair. I miss every kick every wiggle. I look down even now thinking id be huge by now id only have a month now if we were lucky untill she comes. My life wasnt without pain or upset before her death but i was happy i was truly happy . She was my last my only girl. Now shes in heaven. I dont think we ever move on or go back to being who we used to be. I think we mourn, we breath and just live this new reality weve been given. Im praying for you . Id love to hear about you and your girls. Whats their names ect. When your ready. Alot of us ( including me) post under loss of an adult child enore the name we are all welcome and are all family excepting of everyone and every feeling even if you feel it isnt right ( ive been there)

• Members

Sorry does not cut it, but that is what we say! Big hugs and love to you. You are not alone.

Archived