• Members

I lost my 3 yrs old boy today

I have no other children and I'm a single mom

I dunno what to do

I dunno why I'm writing this or how I reached this place

But I need help

Please tell me what to do

• Members

Dear Jolie, I am so very sorry for your loss. Please, tell us about your boy and all that your heart speaks to you at this time. There are many parents here ready to listen, support and share. There are no judgments with the message , you are not alone. If you post on Loss of an Adult Child thread, there are many that visit that area. It doesn't matter the age of the child, that is where your words will be heard by many. My son Rich died from cardiac dysrhythmia, sudden death, a little over 4 years ago. In just a few weeks, June 14th, he would be 25.

• Members
tobyfreefoot

dear jolie, i am so sorry to hear about your little boy. we understand the searing heartache and the terrible lost feelings. i know it sounds impossible but it will get easier to live with. i'm sure right now just trying to breath beneath your crushing grief is a struggle. my oldest son and his girlfriend were killed 23 months ago today in a terrible car wreck. it helps to talk to parents on this site because they get what you are going through and will listen to anything you need to say. i encourage you to join us on Loss of an Adult Child forum which you will find under the Loss of a Child heading. there are many of very active people there that don't care about the age of your child, only that you need someone to talk to.

• Members

Thank u for your replies and warm words

It really helps to know that there are ppl out there feeling my pain and knowing exactly how I'm feeling right now ..

Thank you

• Members

Dear Jolie

I am so sorry to read of the loss of your precious child. I too am a single parent who lost my only child, Stephen 6 years ago. I am glad you found this safe, warm place. It is here that I came day and night to share, read and connect with others who understood as few other can.

Please keep coming back and sharing

• Members

I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious child. Minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day, until you can do more. This is a very painful walk. Do what you have to do for yourself dear one. hugs

• Members
NeverAndAlways

Just survive. You will re-learn how to do everything from simple stuff like breathing and walking and eating to complex stuff like pushing through really hard, torturous thoughts. I don't know why, but I want to share with you that it took awhile, but one day I realized I was forming a new relationship with my babies. It was not the one I wanted, but it was not 'nothing' either. I still talk to them and do things for them and buy them things and I even make future plans that involve them...even if only through remembrances. It's just a thing I noticed that I was doing one day. Don't let anyone tell you that anything you need to do to cope with grief is absurd. Outliving my babies is absurd so why shouldn't I be? Thinking of you...N&A

• Members

I too lost my son, 14 months ago, but it still feels like today.......

He was found unconscious, in an empty parking lot across the street from a major hospital, where someone dumped him, like trash.

This is still an on going criminal investigation, with no new leads. He was not with friends or co workers......

We have no idea who picked him up, where he went, what happened.....we are devastated ......

Our family is broken, and I don't know how we will find the strength and courage to go on.....

I am so angry and so very very sadpost-341869-0-64713200-1374212047_thumb.

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

I too lost my son, 14 months ago, but it still feels like today.......

He was found unconscious, in an empty parking lot across the street from a major hospital, where someone dumped him, like trash.

This is still an on going criminal investigation, with no new leads. He was not with friends or co workers......

We have no idea who picked him up, where he went, what happened.....we are devastated ......

Our family is broken, and I don't know how we will find the strength and courage to go on.....

I am so angry and so very very sadpost-341869-0-64713200-1374212047_thumb.

I am so sorry for the tragic loss of your son...prayers for your family for strength and also for truth of what happened to your beautiful son to come out. If you post on the Loss of an Adult Child thread, there is an ongoing discussion between parents, you will find those who can share your pain, perhaps help shoulder the load a bit, and just listen to you as you grieve your son...

Peace to You,

Jesse David's Mom, Laurie

• Members

I TOO LOST MY DAUGHTER ,SHANNON... SHE WAS 30 YRS OLD ,ONLY MY

JOURNEY IS 2 YEARS, 1 MO AND4 HRS 10 MINS LONGGG!!!!!

YET IT SEEM STILL LIKE IT JUST HAPPENED TONITE...

IM SO VERY SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS.... I CAN AND WILL TELL YOU ITS THE HARDEST THING IVE EVER HAD TO DO.... I HOPE N PRAY FOR N YOUR FAMILY TOO GET MOVE THUR THIS AGONIZING JOURNEY AS I HAVE SO FAR... AND ITS BEEN PURE HELL FOR ME...SOME DAYS GOOD , SOME DAYS HORRIBLE , SOME DIDNT E/IST , I SLEPT THUR THEM ... INO N FEEL YOUR EVERY PAIN....WE LEARN TO LIVE WITH THIS GRIEF CUZ IT NEVER GOES AWAY.....SOON U WILL B ABLE TO BREATH AGAIN AT LEAST.....AGAIN IM SO SORRY.....MUCH LOVE

• Members

I TOO LOST MY DAUGHTER ,SHANNON... SHE WAS 30 YRS OLD ,ONLY MY

JOURNEY IS 2 YEARS, 1 MO AND4 HRS 10 MINS LONGGG!!!!!

YET IT SEEM STILL LIKE IT JUST HAPPENED TONITE...

IM SO VERY SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS.... I CAN AND WILL TELL YOU ITS THE HARDEST THING IVE EVER HAD TO DO.... I HOPE N PRAY FOR N YOUR FAMILY TOO GET MOVE THUR THIS AGONIZING JOURNEY AS I HAVE SO FAR... AND ITS BEEN PURE HELL FOR ME...SOME DAYS GOOD , SOME DAYS HORRIBLE , SOME DIDNT E/IST , I SLEPT THUR THEM ... INO N FEEL YOUR EVERY PAIN....WE LEARN TO LIVE WITH THIS GRIEF CUZ IT NEVER GOES AWAY.....SOON U WILL B ABLE TO BREATH AGAIN AT LEAST.....AGAIN IM SO SORRY.....MUCH LOVE

• Members

I am so so sorry. We all have been or are still feeling so RAW from this pain. I've not reached a place that feels like I will survive this and be whole again but I am encouraged by those who have found ways to survive this and sustain. Next Wednesday will be 8 months for us without Bryce (23) and we recently did some things that were hard to face and now it feels like we are back at the beginning and not understanding how we can go on.

Come back here for support. I posted and then faced some really hard things the past couple of weeks. I haven't posted much but have read and found help, understanding and solace amongst people who really understand what we are all going through and not just 'saying the right words".

• Members

I lost my son Derrick (27 yrs old) very suddenly and without warning. He went into Cardiac Arrest on 6/11/13 in the hospital and nothing has been the same for me since. I will never forget that morning when the hospital call my phone and gave me the news, I thought it was a bad dream and that I just needed to wake up. My body has never felt so numb, I'm glad to have found this site where others knows what I'm feeling and what I'm thinking each and every day, now I have some where to come to when I'm having that type of day.

Archived