Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

6 months without Momma :(

MissuDad

• Members
Mommachobo

Been really struggling today... exactly 6 months.... I feel lost.

Everyone seems to be moving on and I feel like my feet are planted and I cant move.

I feel guilty that I have days that I dont think about her all day... and then there comes moments that it all comes flooding back and it knocks the wind right out of me... I feel guilty that I can smile...

Everyone keeps saying that time will heal and its natural to feel this way cause thats how grieving works...

I truly believe that U never get over the grief... u just eventually learn to live with the pain... How can someone mend a hole in their hearts when it's so big??!

So many firsts to live through on my own... no one to call up for advice... today just seems to be really hard...

• Members
Lostwithoutmum

I totally understand the turmoil and the yearning you are going through, how can one ever understand that a very treasured person is no longer around (physically) and that time marches on??? I can't.

But please don't feel guilty, your mum is part of your life, she inspires your smile as much as she she is beyond your tears - Your love for her is the same - it is deep down in your heart.

I am so depressed today too, as it is an important family birthday without mum, just having fits of nostalgia and crying - Last year this time mum lit up the place ...but I would like to think she still does even when she is not physically present -

I know words can't ease the pain, but you are not alone x

• Members

Hi Mommachobo,

I think must of us here feel exactly the way you do. My loss is recent compared to yours, but I even feel guilty when minutes pass when I don´t remember what happened, then I feel weird as I should be remembering and not feeling so "careless"...

In my whole life I never felt so weird, it´s like a sense of something missing and I try to fill in the void with different things that keep my mind busy :-(

It seems we really need to give time, time and hope for the best and not going crazy along the way

• Members

missing my mom. she passed away on 28 nov 2012....my hubby doesn't seems to understand what i am feeling. his parents are staying with us for one month and they way they expressed love for each other are so artificial...it irritates me. i don't feel like talking to them also...i know been a christian i should not be feeling like this. but i just can't help myself . whenever i go home back from office i just hold my 7 months old baby n go straight to my room. i eat outside so that i avoid eating with them. actually How can someone mend a hole in their hearts when it's so big??

Archived