Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

feel guilty

worried123

• Members
worried123

my mum died unexpectadly yesterday, and most if my family are alcoholics so have been drinking non stop since. my older sister turned up at the house at 2am very, Very drunk, and woke me up and wanted me to stay up all night drinking with her. i told her she could sleep here but i was going back to bed soon. then she stormed out the house. now i feel guilty for letting her leave in that state but i am not a sympathetic person, i gave her a hug and offered her a bed but i cant stand the hand holding, shoulder to cry on stuff, and she knew that. my dad (her step dad, also an alcoholic) told me to go after her, but i really didnt want to deal with a house full of drunks. i am only 19, she is almost 40 and is meant to be arranging the funeral and solicitors e.t.c but being drunk all the time i dont see how. i know she also has alot to deal with but i wanted to have some peace and sleep to sort my head out, and she was just adding to my stresses. was i wrong to not sit with her?

• Members

My heart goes out to you. You should not feel guilty but you are going to need support. Is there anyone that can be with you that isn't drinking?

Archived