Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

20th anniversary and grieving

Sammijo2424

• Members
Sammijo2424

Today is my 20th anniversary. I am so fortunate to have had 22 years with him (ok, we lived together 2 years before we married. He really was my one true love, my true soulmate. Today started out fine, am at dtr's house and she mentioned today is 21! And it hit me like a ton of bricks. I had a meltdown, couldn't breathe, cried from very depths of my soul

My husband told me " come live with me and be my wife and I will treat you like a queen till the end of my days, and he did, he really did. We always celebrated our anniversary, but the last two we celebrated. On our 18th, we went on a cruise and 19th we drove to Branson, Mo. Had so much fun just talking and singing on the drive. This year we would be on a cruise right now for our anniversary.

I miss him so, so much. I can't believe he is not here for us to celebrate. I love you Ronny yesterday, today, tomorrow, all the days of my life. A few years ago he gave me an eternity necklace, he was going to give me an eternity ring, 2 bands of diamonds, signifying him and me forever. We had already picked it out, I went ahead and bought that ring.

• Members

Omg, that is such a sweet story, and I'm so sorry that you lost him. The anniversary dates of any type are so difficult. God bless and keep you, and I will keep you in my prayers.

• Moderators

I'm so sorry SJ. Special dates like this are often the hardest........ :( Hang in there, better days are ahead, I'm confident of that.

• Members

Sammijo, I am so very sorry you lost your soulmate. We are here for you today and every day. He sounds like a wonderful person. I like how you bought the ring. That's so awesome. --ModKonnie

• Members

Sammjio, so sorry for ur loss.. I know how it feels missing the one u love... Just feel like we want him back to us. Coming june 19th will be his birthday and i dont know how will i be able to pass through that day...we had been married for 4 years.. Since our marriage we had celebrated our birthdays and anniversarry very specially.. All these 3 occasions we use to go out for vacation.... I am too scared to face this date without him....

• Members
Sammijo2424

I made it thru the anniversary. I went and bought myself an anniversary present, a very expensive pair of sunglasses. My husband would want me to buy something on OUR special day. I talked to all 5 kids, my step daughter even sent me flowers, but I am out of town at daughter home, the step daughter is even planning to come to my house for memorial day party. I am so fortunate to have the support I do, don't think I would still be here except for them and my really close friend, she has been awesome. I went to bed at 8:15p and actually slept all night, guess all the massive amounts of tears tired me out.

I am better today, but still sad, we were suppose to be on a cruise right now. Praying for all of us, for us to have some peace

Archived