Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Still doesn't seem real even after 5years

That'slifeboy

• Members
That'slifeboy

Hey my dad passed away 5 years ago after battle with cancer, been through all the treatment and hospital visits for 3 years previous. I am now 25 but was only 20 when lost my dad. Found very difficult @ the time even after 5 years it is still hard, still find Father's Day and other occasions hard

Only recently I have started to talk about what different things my dad and rest of family had done over the years remembering happier times

We lived in the house for two years after losing my dad then we couldn't face living in the same house for any more time, we had been @ the house for seven years, older brother didn't really understand why me and mum wanted to move so quickly but they didn't actually live @ home anymore and go through the day to day challenges of a parent being so ill

• Members

That'slifeboy, I am very sorry about your father. I can see how a fresh start would help you and your mother move forward. Talking about your father and happy times is a great way to remember and honor him. My father will be gone four years in August. While I will always miss him, I can now laugh at funny memories and stories of him. We would love to hear a great story about your father. We will be here for you. --ModKonnie

• Members

So sorry for your loss. I feel your pain. My mom passed away 4 years ago and it still hurts like it happend yesterday. I still live in our home we lived in together. Always remembering the happy times helps, whenever I am feeling down I just remind myself that she is in a better place now.

• Members
That'slifeboy

Hey sorry 2 hear about your loss the two ppl that got back 2 me

Funny things I remember about my dad is that he always had a good sense of humour and was always happy he would also say different sayings that he had heard of as we'll mainly made up

Also he would go absolutely everywhere in slippers like paying for petrol and would pick me up from places in slippers as well, most of the time he would go 2. My sisters in his slippers it wasn't him if he couldn't sit around in slippers lol

Archived