Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Been a while but it still hurts.

stillfighting431

• Members

I lost my mom 4 years ago and it still has not gotten easier. I was 27 when my mom past away and I had always lived with her up until she passed. People always say it gets easier, but for me it has not. Living in our house we lived in together does not really help either. The only 2 people in my family that I have been close to were my grandmother (my mothers mother), and my mother. The house I am living in was my grandmothers, she passed and me and my mom moved in to take care of my uncle at the time. He had down syndrome and couldn't take care of himself, then 3 months later he passed away. That was the worse year ever up until my mom passed away. I still have my moments where I find myself crying heart broken and cannot believe that she is really gone.

• Members

Hi there. First of all let me say that I´m really sorry for your losses. For what it seems like, you had to deal with a lot on a short period of time, that´s probably why it´s not getting as easy for you as you would´ve thought. Have u tried therapy?

• Members
stillfighting431

Hi,

I’m so sorry for your losses. It’s tough to lose people who used to be your foundation, your source of courage, joy & hope. That’s what my mom was for me, my best friend. It’ll be 2 years on July 24 since I lost her. I lost a huge part of myself with her. I too live in my parent’s house & everywhere I look I see memories. It’s so hard to wake up day after day in a place that my mom’s love made home. I too cry often although the panic has lessened. I fortunately have my elder sister who shares my pain & is my lifeline. Do you’ve anyone in your family /friends who you can talk to? Keep writing in. It’ll make you feel less alone.

Archived