Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Still not real

nikki82

• Members

My dad passed away almost a month ago. I was there holding his hand telling him i loved him when he died. Is it normal that even after all that...i still cant believe that he is gone? It still just doesnt seem real to me...i keep waiting for him to call or to stop by. I even got his death certificate yesterday..and i still cant believe it. Everyone is saying how good im taking it..but i really just dont think its hit me yet.

• Members

Sorry to hear of the loss of your father. Not sure if he was ill or not, but when someone is ill, it gives us a chance to grieve in chunks. This could explain why you are wondering when it is going to hit you. It will sooner or later, yet you were blessed to be there holding his hand when he passed. If you had a chance to tell your father things that would be left unsaid, that is a blessing also. For most a passing isn't anticipated nor expected, and that is where the crushing weight comes from. If you said the things you wanted to say to him, you are truly blessed.

God Bless,

Al

• Members

Hi Nikkie. I´m really sorry for the loss of your dad, I can really understand what you´re going through :( My dad passed away a month ago and the sadness started to come over me... There are periods of pure agony, sadness and despair... It seems all your body is trying to release it and sometimes you cannot even understand it. Each person grieves in a different way, but eventually they will. I also suffered in parts, my dad was diagnosed and 40 days after he entered the hospital, he passed away. Dealing with the problem before might give is a glimpse of what´s to come, but one can never be really prepared. Hang in there

• Members
Lostwithoutmum

I am sorry for your loss, I have lost mum 3 months ago and I still feel it is so unreal, my memory of everything she is, is crystal clear..

Some people leave us physically but the love we have for them/they have for us lingers on ....we feel their presence even when they are not here that it is really hard to believe our losses...

Your pain is very recent, and you are grieving in your way: Do it at your pace...

• Members

Sorry for your loss. It has been 4 years since I lost a parent and still to this day sometimes it does not seem real to me.

Archived