Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Mary One year ago today

Silvergirl61

• Members
Mdanielson4

It has been one year ago today. At 1:10pm CDT I will light a candle and pray. I don't know if the pain ever stops, I don't think so. I still love my Mary more and more every day. I just don't get to hold her, comfort her, kiss her. I feel cheated, not by Mary but by God. I know I shouldn't feel that way but its hard. Thank you all for listening to me. I do apriciate this forum.

Mike Danielson

• Members

I hit that anniversary 3/28 and for some reason she has been in my thoughts, and dreams, more since then than before. I like the dreams, nothing special just us doing normal things together.

• Moderators

Mike, very sorry - this is definitely one of the harder days, generally. And don't worry about "shouldn'ts" like shouldn't feel this or that. You feel what you feel, let it be whatever it is (hopefully that made sense) and consider the upcoming days will likely be better than this one, and hopefully, ultimately, a great deal better.

• Members

Do whatever you need to do for YOU!

That's a milestone I'm not looking forward too and just can't imagine the strength it will take.

Keeping you in my prayers.

• Members

Sorry to hear of your loss. Spouses become an integral part of us, and losing them is like losing a part of ourselves. When we find love and companionship, we don't want to lose it. Yet we do, and our understanding of what it all means is so limited. Cherish the dreams you have of her. You may even want to write down what you remember, as when you hit a low spot you could read them, and hopefully it will lift you up. The problem we face is death ends the physical, but love goes on forever. She knows how you feel, and she misses you also. Your dreams may be way she is telling you that. One day you will be able to hug and kiss her again.

God bless and keep you,

Al

• Members
Silvergirl61

I'll say a little prayer for you too, Mike. I'm sorry i didn't say anything that day..I just didn't have the strength to think of anything. that would be meaningful , so i stayed away for a little while longer. You remember , like i try to do... Mary is always a part of you, and the love stays with you. She'd want you to be ok, Mike. I hope you are feeling better today, and i will hope that there is some extra strength and peace sent your way.

Archived