Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Nearly 2 years without my daughter

kirasmom

• Members

I am new to this site. Hope someone can read this. I lost my beautiful 17 year old daughter- it will be 2 years ago on June 19,2013. We found her floating in the bathtub, she had collapsed, from apparently what was a cardiac arrthymia- but that is the drs best guess, they don't really know 100%. She was a very healthy girl with no health complaints at all. This was very unexpected and I still can't come to terms with this. The rest of the world doesn't get it. But I hope by talking to others who have lost a child that maybe we can help each other. I am desperate for someone to talk to- am so sad and lonely. A part of me died that day. just feel so empty all the time. Hope someone answers this. Kira's Mom

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

I am so sad to for the loss of your Kira. I have found a lot of support here since losing my son, Jesse, October 10, 2012. It has been a terrible and hard journey, most people simply cannot understand this because they are not where we are. If you post in the Loss of an Adult Child forum, there is a group of people who respond very quickly with such kind words.

Hugs from Jesse David's Mom

• Members

Kira's Mom, I am truly sorry for the pain you are going through as you grieve for your daughter. We lost ours Oct. 2012. Emily was 14. It has been the most painful thing we have ever been through. I thought I was doing better but lastweek it seemed I could not come out of this hole that I was in again. Today I started to think I was staying this time. But I got a phone call and a couple of supportive words from an online support group, got out for a while. I believe it is lifting some again. I just wanted to let you know you can private message me anytime. I am here for you as I'm sure, are a lot of others on this sight. I wish none of us had to be here. But, here we are. We have to learn to lean on each other with the same love that our daughter's would have had. Hugs, Debbie

• Members

thank you all who replied. I can't believe it. I have been looking for almost 2 years to find someone online. My name is Luanne and I live in Ontario, Canada. Am so very grateful for your kindness. Will have to get my son to help me work through chats, forums, etc. I have only had e-mail experience. Looking so forward to talking to all of you. Each one of your stories is so sad and I too am sorry for your losses. Hope to talk soon.

• Members

I'm so sorry for your loss. It has also been nearly two years since I lost my 11 year old son. I just recently joined these amazing folks because I have been having a hard time as of late. It has been a great comfort knowing that others know your pain. I wish I had some more comforting words for you. My thoughts are with you.

M. Mata

• Members

I'm so sorry for your loss. When I saw your story I was reminded of some people I know who lost their daughter Mickey, 25 years ago in much the same way. Now Pat and Judy, her parents, run Smile Again which is a place where people grieving the loss of a child can go. My family went and we were able to do some major healing while we were there. Pat and Judy did daily counseling sessions with us every day while we were there which was so healing. They also did a session with our daughter who is grieving the loss of her sister. I'm thinking that you may not be too far away to travel to Northern Minnesota. Well, it's northern for us to get there from Minneapolis but may not be too far for you. Check out their website. I would highly recommend it for anyone. It's $50 a night to stay in a beautiful lodge. Very worth it to come if you can get here.

http://smileagainministries.com/

Archived