Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

MY Dad died 11 years ago and recently lost my Mom- now what

Daisylucy

• Members

Feel lost not having any parents anymore. My Dad died suddenly, my Mom to breast cancer. She never really said any goodbyes, i dont think she could. It was tough to see it watching a body give away- and I am nurse- I guess it shocked me more my reaction to her death. How do I go on?

• Members

Hi Daisy, first off all, I´m sorry for both of your losses :-( second, I think it´s probably a question of time, it´s what everyone, who´s been through something like this, says. I can´t offer you much advice as I´m still to new in the grief matter and still debate daily with mixed feelings

• Members

Daisy,

Sorry for your loss. How do you go on? Its what your parents raised you to do. It isn't easy, but you can do it. As you know from being a nurse, grieving and feeling the sadness is all a part of healing. We never heal after losing anyone, but we do learn once again to move along. After the loss of a second parent we loose our sense of home and roots. We feel we are all alone. You're mom and dad are more a part of you than you will ever know, and they are with you every step of the way. There is a special bond between mothers and daughters, and do not think for a minute that it ends. Your life now will be your journey which will end one day, and you will be re-united with your parents forever.

Hope this helps,

Al

Archived