Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Just lost Dad. Looking for support.

Dadsgirl81

• Members
Dadsgirl81

My father passed one week ago today. I am devastated. Tomorrow I have to go back to work and try to resume some normalcy. This man meant the world to me. Any tips from those who lost their loved one some time ago? I'm searching for hope that I can find happiness in this new world without him.

• Members

Hi there. I´m so sorry for your loss, it´s really bad losing a parent :( I can´t give you much advice as my grieving is still recent, all I can say is that try to live the day by the hour, think to yourself, I´ve made it from 09:00 to 10:00, now from 10:00 to 11:00 and so on. In my mind it helps me having a goal. Don´t repress your feelings and it helps talking to people about it, specially on how you feel. Hang in there

• Members
Lostwithoutmum

I am not the best one to advise on this either but personally, I can't imagine finding 'happiness' as such ever again. It's only been 3 months for me but for 3 months, my whole world has revolved around losing mum...am still stunned and still in denial...

Like MissuDad suggests, don't bottle up your pain so whatever forwards steps you take, are not built on unspent emotions..

I can only say that work has helped me distract myself, I suppose anything that gives you a sense of purpose and achievement may help alleviate/numb the pain...

Wish you the best

Archived