Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Smoking and Loss

sammihendo

• Members
sammihendo

Has anyone lost a loved one to a smoking-related medical issue? Do you feel ashamed but know it isn't right to feel that way because you love and miss them so? Do people think it's their own fault and you wish they could meet them to see hat a great person they really were?!

• Members

My father died of COPD, ashamed no, smoking is an addiction, and a very strong one, some people are lucky enough to be able to kick the habit, my Dad tried many times and failed as do many people, and who cares what other people think, no one has the right to judge my father except God. I hope that has not come across too bluntly, it is just that your question surprised me, is this how you feel about a loved one? Me personally, I hate ciggaretts and am ashamed that we live in a society that legally sells these addictive killers, I hope this helps in some way.

• Members

My Mother died of CHF, from years of smoking, nothing to be ashamed about. She was lucky though, she died at 85 yrs old.

• Members

My father smoked since he was like 12 and didn´t die of anything related to that. I guess sometimes is just a matter of luck

Archived