Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

First mothers day with my dear momma

noahsmommi

• Members
noahsmommi

Its going on 11 weeks since I last spoke to my mom...I miss her so much it hurts...Mothers day is right around the corner and as much as I kept saying I will just ignore it, im a mess already...Mom was cremated, so no grave to be with her or no special spot to bring flowers or anything. I want to do something special but don't know what. I heard some great ideas about memorial gardens made in memory of moms but we don't have a yard :( Any other ideas?

• Members

Hi there, I´m really sorry for your loss. It´s so hard to face the loss of a parente :-( I don´t know if you like my suggestion, but you could have a tattoo done with a setence that reminds you of your mom

• Members
noahsmommi

OMG u know its so funny u said that...I am going this week to get a line from a letter she wrote me in her handwriting done...Thanks for the suggestion :)

• Members

I am planning to get a tattoo of my moms handwriting...it says "I love you, always" ... My mom is currently still alive, but is battling pancreatic cancer. We all know the dim life expectancy....its all I can think about. I want to always be able to have her with me.

• Members
noahsmommi

Seems to be a popular trend..."I am getting I love you a TON -Mom"... In her handwriting

• Members
Mommachobo

@miss u momma

I am in the exact situation that u are in... first mothers day without Her, no grave to visit or to bring flowers to... I would love nothing more than to be able to do something special for my mom too... we released balloons at her celebration of life but i want to do something more

• Members
noahsmommi

I took an ad out in our local paper to wish her a happy mothers day and are releasing balloons with my 5 yr old so he can have something to do for her. Me, im getting the tattoo in memory of her. It still feels like its not enough. I aways made such a big deal on mothers day. Its going to be such a hard day.

• Members

I am late to this post, but I too had a very difficult time on Sunday. Sunday was four months exactly since my mom passed. All of the card displays and commercials about what to get moms triggered me every time over the last few weeks. I almost had a panic attack in the card aisle at Target (I thought I'd get a card for my gramma, but it proved too overwhelming). It's not like I ever forget that my mom is gone, but for some reason Mother's Day was too much for me.

In just over a month I am due to have my first baby and become a mother myself. So many complicated emotions of excitement and joy over this wonderful thing, but pain and grief over the fact that I can't share this with my mother, and my daughter will never meet her. Many people suggested I do something to honor my mom, but it was too soon and too painful for me. I just had to get through the day this year...maybe next year. I really want to get a tattoo to honor my mom as well, but I obviously have to wait until I'm no longer pregnant. I can't figure out what to get, but I like your ideas of her handwriting.

I cried when I woke up and saw all the facebook posts from people to their moms, and then I posted a picture of my mom and wrote something about how I hope to honor her through the kind of mom I become. Then I kept REALLY busy so I didn't feel sadness all day.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that my thoughts were with all the motherless children out there this past Sunday. And look...we all made it through! I know there will be many more painful days and "firsts," and we will take them each as they come.

Archived