Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

New here...

mere5813

• Members

My Dad passed away this past December unexpectedly. He was suppose to have a heart valve replaced & scheduled the surgery. He got an infection in his foot so they had to postpone the surgery. They said he still had at least 3 years before the valve went completely caput but he ended up having a massive heart attack and died 2 days later! He was only 56 years old. I was very close to him. We talked almost every day. He was very close to my children (his grandchildren). It's been 4 months and its finally hitting me. I was in complete shock at first and now I just realized he's gone. I miss him so much. I lost my first son, Camdyn in 2005 (he was stillborn) and a miscarriage in 2009. My Dad was the only one who took it emotionally seriously between my parents. I could talk to him about anything. My husband was really close to him as well. It just feels so weird he's not here. My parents divorced when I was 2 so my mom didn't care for him much my whole life. I know I'm rambling all over the place. I just always thought I'd be a lot older than 28 dealing with this...

Meredith

• Members

Dear Meredith:

I lost my father (my best friend) 7 months ago due to hospital misjudgement. I share in your grief.. and understand just how much he meant to you and your world. He sounds like a wonderful man and father. You probably miss the day to day conversations, going for dinners and just spending time together. Life is not fair. And yes, you lost him way too young.. he was very young to have experienced a HA. I'm sorry that he is no longer here with you and your husband.

• Members

Thank you. My husbands Dad just found out this weekend his valve needs to be replaced. They are suppose to do surgery tomorrow but hes having kidney failure and his breathing is really bad so they might have to postpone it. It's happening all over again. We just went through this with my Dad in December. my husband is scared to death. I don't think our family can go through this again...

• Members

Hi Meredith, I am so sorry for your loss. I can relate to your feelings of being too young to deal with this...I am losing my mom. I am 29 and my whole world revolves around her. I call her every night on my way home from work..I call her just to ask her what she's doing. I am heartbroken every single minute of every day...because I know she is leaving me.

I always thought that we would be that mother and daughter that would grow old together if that makes any sense. I wanted to be an old lady with my mom. I never thought I would be saying that my mom is dying before I am 30. It's just not fair. I want so much more time with her. It's just not fair. And its not fair that you lost your dad before 30 too. I am so so sorry. I hope you can find some comfort in knowing you aren't alone.

Archived