Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Wedding ring

needy

• Members

Last night I took some time looking at some documentation to start getting preparing to get my own will prepared.

I have a copy of my mother in law's will. She passed away when my husband was in his late teens. My husband's father passed when he was very young. Their deaths were not handled well and has caused hate within family that is still there.

Here is the thing. In my mother in law's will it states the wedding rings were to go to my husband's oldest brother. The wedding rings were used to marry my husband and I.

Maybe my brother in law told my husband to keep them, I don't know. Do I keep them and pretend I don't know? How do I handle this with my children?

I actually had a nightmare over this last night involving my husband and his brother fighting over the stupid things. And now I have this total irrational feeling over my wedding rings.

Any advise I would greatly appreciate.

• Members

If you have no will, make a will, especially if you have children.

I know this is a real issue for you but if you can park it for a while and when you know what to do you will know what to do. You can complete a will with no mention of a ring(s) and if you don't know what the ring answer is leave it till you know.

I became an expert in the first few months on focusing on a particular issue and some how letting it worry and sometimes overwelme me. But each of them died down and some I have had no need to return to them.

• Members

I keep forgetting to thank you Lester. It is funny how the wedding ring thing, really freaked me out. Now it is such a non-issue.

Yes, I have to get a will made. It is on my list of things to do. I am stuck on who will be children's gardians hopefully time will help me decided on that.

Archived