Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

The Little ways HE helps

dsmurph

• Members

Last Wednesday was a very hard day for me. I woke up feeling it and felt it all day. It was there like a dark cloud all day long. My daughter had an art lesson that afternoon. While she takes her lesson I walk around a beautiful park that surrounds the Art Museum. After walking for an hour I sat on a bench with my heavy cloud. Along came this socially/ mentally challenged young man. He sat beside me and conversated with me. He had the nicest simple things to say. We had such a sweet conversation. Later that evening as I reflected on the conversation I knew Our Father had put that young man there to be a blessing to me. And he did just that, he brightened my day without even realizing it. I wish I had thought to have shared that with him.

• Members

I have been on this grief journey for almost 5 years. What I have learned ...happiness is something we have to go out and look for now. Our happiness does not come running down the stairs to us anymore. Happiness can be found in the strangest of places and in the shortest of times.

Your loss is so new. The fact that you are able to find a small bit of happiness now gives you a better chance of finding your way in this new life without our children . My 16 year old son died on 6-19-2008 due to a reckless act with a car. I have 2 other children. Brian was our middle child.

Hugs to you

Colleen , Brian's Mom 4ever

• Members

Colleen, Emily is our middle child also. You are right, one does have to go out and look for the happiness. The sadness always tries to take over. I find that I do find also that I do find the happiness in strange places. It seems the places I would have expected to find it normally, it is not there. Thank you for your kind words of wisdom. dsmurph

Archived