Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Good Days and Bad Days

lossingfaith

• Members
lossingfaith

Hi everyone I'm new at all this. But I've come to relize I have got to find some help somewhere. In August of 2010 I lost my dad to a long battle of leukemia. The same month just weeks before he pasted away my mom was diagnosised with stage 4 colon cancer. As if that wasnt enough I found out I was pregant the next month.

So in a matter of months my life was turned upside down. In May of 2011 my first child was born and in December 2011 my mom lost her battle with colon cancer. Throughout this whole process my husband and I stepped up to take care of mom. We moved in with her just months after she was diagnosed.

I'm only 25 and right now it seems that each day brings a new battle of emotions. It seems that as soon as I feel like i'm on the right track something happens and back to square one. I have read up on all the stages of grief and I seem to have been thru several of them multiuple times. Im just want to know when its going to stop.

I have a twin sister and she seems to be having the same problem I am. How do you make it stop or will it ever stop?

Lost and Confused

• Members

I am so sorry for your losses. You are so young to have gone through this. To be honest I do not feel that grief ever goes away as such, we will always miss our parents. The way I have come to think of it is that, we have to learn to live without them and that is no easy ask. It takes time some more than others. Every new situation we learn to go through it without them, each time this happens it has an effect on us, this is grief and a learning process. I think it will take many years for us to go through this but as time goes by we will get more accustomed to dealing with the grief. I hope this makes some sense to you. Nothing is abnormal unless you are unable to carry on with normal life, if that becomes the case then, I would consider seeing a doctor. So you see you can not make it stop and should not, it is part of life, part of growth and learning. take care of yourself and you family x

• Members

Losingfaith,

The emotions of grief aren't necessary stages or steps. You may feel all of them at once, or you may not experience certain feelings. That is all perfectly normal. You may feel angry, then scared, sad, then angry again. I like to describe grief as a roller coaster with its ups and downs.

The best way to process through what you are feeling is to continue to talk about it. Talk with your twin (I have one, too), and your husband and anyone else who will listen.

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

Archived