Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Bad weekend and first solo therapy session

needy

• Members

My family and I were doing so well, and then it started to go down hill on Thursday. My oldest son has a preexisting mental condition and lets just say on Sunday it all came to a head.

Yesterday I went to our first solo therapy session. The therapist told me she wasn't sure how I can keep functioning. More I think about that comment more it bugs me. What am I suppose to do? We start family sessions next week. It suppose to be grief councelling but I think it is all going to turn around at how I suppose to handle my son. Guess we will have to wait and see.

• Moderators

Very sorry about the "extra" hardships. If they do try to turn it on you, I'd turn it back and (gently) remind them this is supposed to be GRIEF counseling, not FAMILY counseling......likely they will try to say something like "well they're part of the same thing" but while they may have an overlap, IMO it would just sound like a way for them to move it in the direction THEY want. Stand tall! You've come this far, you can manage it. Best of luck!

• Members

Session was amazing. I was very proud of my children how they opened up and was amazed and thankful how the therapist answered our questions. She has even recommended a separate therapy for my son with the pre-existing mental condition.

My youngest son doesn't think he needs any more therapy I suggested one more solo therapy session. My oldest is going to try neuro feedback session for his anger problem.

Problem I have right now is finding time for all these appointments.

Archived