Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Did anybody get "warning" dreams??

mariemb

• Members

On the night of August 19th, I had a dream where my grandfather (who passed away 4 months before) was standing behind my grandmother in the living room. My grandmom couldn't walk anymore, but she seemed to get out of her day bed in the living room and just start walking. I knew it was my grandfather because of his voice (I could only see a faint shadow), and he told me " your mom is walking because she's going to pass away, my child". The next night, on monday August 20th, she indeed passed away.

1 week before my dad got hospitalized (he was living his normal life), I dreamed with both my grandparents... for that whole week. They didn't say anything to me, they just seemed to go with me wherever it was or was doing in my dreams. They were laughing, and smiling, and just looking at me with so much love. I stopped having dreams with them when my dad got hospitalized.

4 days after my father passed away, he came to my dreams for the first time. My husband and I had remodeled his bedroom, for when he came home, he would have a nicer view of everything... but he never got to see it, he passed away at the hospital. Anyways, in my dream, I saw my dad and took him to his room. He just stood at his bedroom door, and smiled.

I dunno, I just truly believe that our loved ones visit us in our dreams, Maybe it;s a way of coping? I'm not sure, but I know it's them.

Has anyone here dreamed like this?

M.

• Members

Mariemb, I have had those dreams. I don't know if they mean anything or not, but I have had those kinds of dreams before my loved ones pass. And in fact, my father, right before he died, saw little boys running through his room. We thought they may have been angels. My mother-in-law, right before she died, saw the same thing. So, I just don't know what all that means, but I know we have experienced something. You may be right that it's a way of coping. Odd, that like in my personal dreams, the people never talked. They just stood there and sometimes smiled.--ModKonnie

• Members
tiffanycrash

I didn't get warning dream but before my dad passed he told us he was ready. And he drifted into a coma and went peacefully with us there just like he wanted. With my mom I think she knew something was going to happen weeks before she went into the hospital. my daughter (16) moved in with her to go to a better school. She's been with her for 2 years an my mom came to me a few weeks before she was hospitalized an said I think its time for Ashleigh to come back home. I had no understanding because Ashleigh helped us care for my mom down to cooking bathing or just anything my mom needed. While Ash was at school me or my stepdad was there when ash came home from school she took care of her...sorry I'm rambling...to the point I think she knew something. While she was in the hospital she tried to push us away an then called my brother an told him they(the hospital staff) said no more visitors because of her infections. Well I called the nurses station an they said they never told her that. In a way I think she knew what was about to happen but she didn't want us to know. She always tried to hide her disease and pain from us. I do have dreams about my dad now an they are always nice. I'm still waiting to see my momma in my dreams I long for a sign from her.

• Members

My dad was the same with me before he went into heavy sedation. He kept pushing me away. I understood why he did it though.

@ ModKonnie: I know same here, they just smile :)

• Members

I did not get a warning dream specifically before my dad died. But I had some signs. I usually get dreams that passes some kind of insight to what's going to happen. I don't know how to explain but my mom is also similar. The last thing that happened is I dreamt my expecting cousin had a baby and its a boy. She lives in another continent and we got a call in the morning with the good news and it was a boy. They had not found out before.

Anyways my father was young and perfectly healthy. No meds. Fit and very active. The last time I spoke to him on phone(didn't know it then) he mentioned about starting an investment plan that did not sound appealing to me so I said so. But afterwards I had a feeling that I should have given him more reassurance and what if I don't get another chance. I decided to call him back and I did but I could only talk to my mom then. Then my mother told my dad is running a small temperature but is doing just fine. It was supposed to be nothing to worry about. He did go to hospital and got some fever meds. Then 2-3 days later, late night I had a thought that my father is very sick. I called Hom first thing next morning and I knew when home ph was not answered. He went into respiratory distress unexpected and sudden that night and was in hospital. I flew across the globe to see him but he was in ventilator by then.

• Members

@Anamika: I know somebody who can sort of dream what's going to happen as well. She came by the house 2 weeks before my grandfather passed away, because she had dreamed that he was indeed going to pass away and she was worried... she just didn't tell me that specifically when she came over that day to avoid freaking me out.

When my grandfather passed away, some of my family wanted to put my grandmom in a home, which I don't understand till this day why in the world they would want to do that, if they didn't take care of her, I took care of her 24/7. Anyways, when they were talking about it, at night when I went to sleep, I dreamed that my grandfather died again , but next to my grandmother in her day bed in the living room. The next day I told one of my Auntie's what I had dreamed about, and she told me " Yes, he always said to me that he was worried that was one of the things they wanted to do with her if he passed away first, and that he would die all over again if they did that" ... I was amazed of how my grandfather was trying to get his message across. Of course, I fought them over, and she stayed with me at our home until she passed away as well 4 months later.

Archived