Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

3 angels in less than 11 months..

mariemb

• Members

Here's my story...

I was brought up by my grandmother and grandfather from the age of 1, I'm currently 27 years old. My parents divorced, and my dad got my custody. Dad and I lived with my grandparents ( his parents ) ever since. So, basically, I had 2 fathers, and my grandmother was my mom.

About 13 years ago, my grandmother fell and broke her hip. In between all the surgeries she needed, she actually flat lined at the surgery table 3 times, so her mental health deteriorated, she couldn't remember a lot of things, and couldn't speak clearly. So she couldn't handle therapy after her hip surgery, making her be in a wheel chair. My grandfather and us took care of her. In 2009, I moved to Hawaii with my biological mother, but 4 months later, my grandfather fell ill, so I came back home. 2 weeks after coming home, he had a brain embolism. Took care of him and my grandmomy, until my grandfather got back up on his feet. I went back to school to become a clinical medical assistant, so I would have the proper knowledge on how to take care of them. My dad, fell into a deep depression way back in the day, and never really got out of it. So he stopped working, and just stayed at home, keeping an eye on everyone here, making dinner for us and so on.

On April 9th 2012, my grandfather passed away. The same day he passed away, one of his children ( my uncle ) went and stole his funeral money, the house was left to a nut case that is my aunt, and everyone else was fighting over the money. They wanted to put my grandmother in a home, but me and one of my uncles widow deeply declined.

4 months later, on August 20th 2012, my grandmom passed away. She was basically my mother, she raised me, and taught me everything I know.

11 months after my grandfather passed away, and 7 months after my grandmother passed away, my father died. Just 2 weeks ago.

Basically, it's a miracle that I'm even writhing this, that I'm breathing and that I still have dreams. I don't know anymore who I'm mourning for... don't know where to start to pick up the pieces left on the floor, all I know is that those pieces are my heart.

• Moderators

I'm so sorry for all you are going through, I can't imagine. May I suggest you check out grief counseling in the local area? It helped me a great deal....best to you in this terrible time.

• Members

Thank you widower2..

I live in Mexico right at the border, and there's not a lot here for support on the subject :( that's another reason why i came looking for a site like this...

M.

• Members
ForeverRemembered

I am so sorry for your loss. How are you doing?

• Members

Hi ForeverRemembered ...

Not so good today. I miss my dad so much. It's very hard to keep pushing forward and not having somebody here at home that could guide my way.... I feel so sad, so lost without them 3. I have no idea where to go, where or how to start picking up the pieces without loosing my mind. I'm 27 years old, and my family died in less than a year... my husband gets it sometimes, but not all the time. I'm exhausted.

Sorry for rambling... I just logged on after a few days that I hadn't, I'm blue :(

Who did you loose?

M.

Archived