Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Ex boyfriend lost his mother

T1982

• Members

My ex mother died last April but my ex seems to be still grieving . We were together 3.5 years . My biyfriebd had a very busy life which was an issue but when she died he worked even more . Had to deal with the family business which is in financial trouble and has his own job as well .. he pushed me away didn't want to go out wasn't sleeping much and we were fighting more . He seemed to go into a dark place around nov , dec he broke up with me in dec .. I am quite angry because I felt like I was there for him and was sticking by him . I know my angry is nothing compared to what has happened in his life .. Every time we have seen each other the last 3 months we always end up crying , we love each other but he says he can't give me what I want .. He has a different story each time and doesn't rem some of or conversations or things we said when we broke up . He is working 24/7 . I moved out of the area where we lived a few weeks ago as was to close to him pretty much next door. he wud not collect his mail I had contact him to tell him it was there he told me it was because he didn't want to deal with bills .. is the best thing for me to just distance myself from him .

• Members

I cannot answer what is best for you. I do know what you are telling me about him is NORMAL for someone going threw the grief process.

• Members
Lostwithoutmum

Hi there.

I don't know what to say about your situation but since mum passed (7 weeks ago), I have not been able to think, or talk about anything other than losing her. Everything not mum-related has sunk to the background by the force of my loss, all priorities displaced....but this doesn't mean I don't love my fiance - Like you, we love each other. I love him exactly because he has accepted this turmoil as part of my new life, our new life.......

I really I don't know what to say except what Caremal said. He may also be feeling guilty that he is unable to 'give you what you want' at the moment?

Archived