Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Seem To Be A Little Lost

Lester

• Members

After my wife died a large initial task was answering the phone, talking to many well wishers etc.etc...As days went to weeks to months it finally happened last week, no calls no letters no texts. I should say this was a two way street, no one contacted me so I didn't contact them, whoever they are.

I can only describe the 4 days of no contact as a very very dark place, a scary place. Mourning with a twist, a nasty twist. I am now back in contact with several people and things are not at such a low point. However, this has scared me. Although throughout the process you question 'can I go on' , this time that question had real meaning. Not sure what I am asking just saying it as it is. I assume this is another 'stage' many are familiar with but sadly I have currently lost a lot of confidence.

• Members

I know this feeling all too well. You would probably get a lot out of going to a hospice Support Group. In my group there are quite a few widowers. I notice they build long, meaningful friendships. Do you have a Hospice In your area?

• Moderators

Sorry Lester - yeah this is the part that I call "after the dust settles." Definitley agree with ds that you should try some support groups - through hospices, grief counseling groups, maybe church groups, etc. Do some searching in your local area and try till you find one that works for you. Best of luck with that, and of course you can always vent here :)

• Members

Lester

hang in there we all care- we have lost our love also and it is not fun - I remember the day i did not want to go on or think i could. I made it past that time and you will also. So many steps to get past and I know how the pain hurt me so much. Today will be better then yesterday and next week will be better then today. and then you fall back and start over. hang in there,

• Members

I hear you all. I am also beginning to understand that you have to work at this. I just wish I could both say that and believe when things get grim. I have contacted a group and been to a meeting.

Archived