Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I wish I could tell her Happy Birthday

mielhall

• Members

Since my wife passed in January my life has been turned upside down. Financial woes, blood pressure issues, and simply learning to do things alone have been my life for the past 10 weeks. But today is tough - her 53rd birthday. As a rule, we never overdid things on birthdays, but would probably hit the bookstore and go out to eat. Before she started the chemo she would walk at the Riverpark for exercise. She loved that place so today I will take a rose to the pier there and drop it into the river in her honor. I can't put my arms around her and properly say Happy Birthday, though I would give everything for the chance to do that one more time. Hope I can hold it together today. I think I'm just gonna be a mess.

• Members

Very glad you posted today. For sure today will be a tornado of emotions, but I hope you will allow yourself to feel them, both the joy of memories and the grief of her being gone. You honor her as you grieve well for her. Your idea of taking the rose to the special place and dropping it in the river is beautiful, I hope you will sense a peace as you do that. My husband's birthday is in May and I know this first year is going to be much the same for me.

You are in my thoughts and prayers today,

• Members
mgilbertson

Just want to let you know I'm thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers. Special days are so tough and there are so many, but our loved ones are with us in spirit.

• Members

Thinking of you today. My husband's birthday is next Thursday and I have/am dreading the day. What a beautiful way you have chosen to honor your wife.

• Members

I hope you told her Happy Birthday and how much you miss her. I feel the same about my husband - dang it why did they get sick. sending all hugs.

• Members

Sorry you had a rough day. My birthday was yesterday and it was really rough being it was the first holiday since the accident and loosing Jimmy. Emotions are on a roller coaster this week for sure. I hope you found some peace in what you did to honor her today! I am sure she is smiling down on you!

Archived