Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

hard day

dsmurph

• Members

Today feels like one of my hardest days. I played some of Emily's music and cannot stop crying. I realized today is Thursday. The last day of her life was a Thursday. I looked at my calander and counted the weeks. It has been 20 weeks today. It all makes sense now. I will not fight my grief today. It came naturally. I wish it had been me instead of her. I still to this day, at times cannot believe she is gone. I try to remain positive because it is better for my spirit and all those around me. But there are days when it overtakes me. Today is one of those days.

post-304921-0-53739900-1363275080_thumb.

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Today feels like one of my hardest days. I played some of Emily's music and cannot stop crying. I realized today is Thursday. The last day of her life was a Thursday. I looked at my calander and counted the weeks. It has been 20 weeks today. It all makes sense now. I will not fight my grief today. It came naturally. I wish it had been me instead of her. I still to this day, at times cannot believe she is gone. I try to remain positive because it is better for my spirit and all those around me. But there are days when it overtakes me. Today is one of those days.

I know that many, many here will hear you....and feel your deep sadness.....I think if you feel like howling to the moon...do it....if you feel like sitting on the couch in your housecoat and crying...do it....listen to her music and just let it all out....we will not get any awards for being 'Strong and Stoic'.....nor will anyone pat us on the back for holding in the tears and sobs....you have enough love for your child to take you to the moon and back in a rocking chair....and you are missing her and longing for her in only the way a Mama can....so wrap yourself around all your loving thoughts about her....and you mourn in your way.....we all do....we have 'those days' where the sun doesn't shine....and then we have 'those days' where the sunshine comes through the cracks in our hearts....it hurts...it is just plain hard pain....and we understand for we are all walking in your shoes....be very, very gentle and kind to yourself....at the times when grief washes over you.....like an ocean tide...it will come...and then recede....I call it 'coming up for air'.....hang on and have faith that He will bring you through this....

• Members
Daniels Dad

I know that many, many here will hear you....and feel your deep sadness.....I think if you feel like howling to the moon...do it....if you feel like sitting on the couch in your housecoat and crying...do it....listen to her music and just let it all out....we will not get any awards for being 'Strong and Stoic'.....nor will anyone pat us on the back for holding in the tears and sobs....you have enough love for your child to take you to the moon and back in a rocking chair....and you are missing her and longing for her in only the way a Mama can....so wrap yourself around all your loving thoughts about her....and you mourn in your way.....we all do....we have 'those days' where the sun doesn't shine....and then we have 'those days' where the sunshine comes through the cracks in our hearts....it hurts...it is just plain hard pain....and we understand for we are all walking in your shoes....be very, very gentle and kind to yourself....at the times when grief washes over you.....like an ocean tide...it will come...and then recede....I call it 'coming up for air'.....hang on and have faith that He will bring you through this....

Great post! Thanks I needed that.

Archived