Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My Big Brother

diana1z55

• Members

Hi All. I originally came to this website Sept. 2012 because of the loss of my father. I am now on here because I lost my older brother. He was 36 and took his own life. My brother was not the type of person that would do this. His wife cheated on him, he had a two year old girl. He knew he had options to move back to his hometown. He came home for the Holidays after we all found out what was happening. He was upset and a depressed but that was understandable with what was going on. He told me everything that was happening and If I thought he was going to do this I would not have let him fly home.

My brother flew home on Dec. 30th and arrived around 11AM. He met his wife at home and she told him that she wanted to separate. She made him believe while he was here that she wanted to work things out when he made it home. Well, that wasn't the story. My brother asked her to leave and when she came back a few hours later he was gone! He drank a bottle of whisky and went to the garage and killed himself by carbon monoxide poisening. There is obviously more to the story but that is the jist of it. I am sad, heartbroken, mad, angry...you name it! I just miss him! How do you move on. I blame his wife yet I need to be civil for my 2 year old neice! I dont want to lose her as well. It will be a long journy for me and my family!

• Members

I also lost my Big Brother a few months ago in a car accident. It is the most painful experience of our lives. I hope you can find peace.

• Members

Suicide is a horrible thing to deal with, no matter who it is. There are so many unanswered questions and, in my opinion, those left behind feel more guilt thinking that they should have done this or could have done that. There is nothing you could have done to prevent this ((hugs)).

As with any grieving, you just need to go one step at a time, unfortunately. I am so glad you are thinking about your niece. I lost contact with my niece after my oldest brother died, and feel like I missed out on seeing a piece of him growing up.

• Members

Yesterday was my brothers baby girls 3rd Birthday. I can't believe he left her! Happy birthday Mia. I know your daddy was there in spirit! It has been a really hard day for me! =(

Archived