Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of an Adult Child

momofJustin

• Members

The words of the wise owl......how I remember them fondly.

Terrie - I think that's something I find I am able to do knowing the journey a little better than I did in the beginning. It might just be I am finding a new 'purpose' in my new normal that relates to the old me......

Its after the funeral, when everyone goes home, back to their lives that the impact of the loss hits and the changed life begins.

Dee - what is the food you described that Eri loved?  Remember I'm from that other place.....

Mike loved cheese and jam sandwiches....never got the hang of that one, but buying cheese has changed forever.......

Cold wet and dark here......but the dog must be walked... 

Carol - My friend, its Wednesday here and my thoughts are with you as you wake to this day.  I am so glad I got to meet Mikesmom, to come to know this man/child through the stories from his mothers heart.  I also know that today is hard, the depth of sorrow measured by the love for your son.....Take a walk with me, Muttley in tow, we will share a pot of tea and scones as we remember your son....there would be tears but many many many smiles in the memories of your life as Mikesmom......;) 

I remember a room in MN where memories and DVD's were shared, this song a very important part of Mikes story

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOTU5EMIVn8 

• Replies 68.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ericasmom

• Mermaid Tears

• daveydow1

• shorty16

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Hi TRUD,

it was canned macaroni and sauce with really icky meatballs. Keep in mind, I am half Sicilian, and make a very good meat sauce, so wow, what a slap that my Kid would like this mealy stuff. The other were jarred tamales, you know Mexican tamales. I like them steamed from a real authentic place, but oh my no, not from a jar.

I am thinking of you Carol, on this the eve of your most sad day. I know the culmination of these lead up days leave you feeling so empty, so tired, remember, he is right there, he has always been right there. A Son of Great strength and unending love.

My heart,

dee

• Members

Terrie

I am so sorry to hear of Tattoo Mike's passing  He and  his Family are in my prayers.

Betty

Stephen's Mom

• Members

TERRI  -  I am so sorry to hear of Michael passing.  to you and his family , you are in my prayers.  now he is with all of our Angels.  till we see them again.

TRUDI  -  i am sorry to hear that your friend "I'm Okay Lady" husband has passed away.  you and her family are in my prayers. 

to the rest of the group praying for everyone.

mary ann

hotsauce

Brian's momdukes

• Members

Tattoo Mike......WHO NEEDS WHEELS WHEN YOU CAN HAVE WINGS.

• Members

Hello to all my BI friends

Dee - That is so cool you can cook meat-sauces.  I have never really done it and would love to learn.

Trudi/Terrie - I am praying for the ones left behind to morn your friends.  They are in heaven, we are left behind to pick up the pieces.

Carol - Sometimes, the days leading up to the angelversary are worse then the day itself.  I am thinking of you.

Terrie - You are not wrong expressing to your mother the way you feel.  Thinking of you.

Hello to all, I think of you all the time.  

Colleen, Brian's Mother Forever 

• Members
lovekristy4ever

Hi everyone,

I figured out today that it has been over a year since I have been in BI.  It doesn't seem that long.  I can't believe it.

Just want you all to know that I do think of everyone here often eventhough I haven't posted.  I met with Sonya and Claudia today.  It was wonderful having lunch with the two of them!!!!!!!!  After lunch, I thought I should come back and let you all know that I think of you all here and pray for you.  I will not stay away so long next time.

Love,

Terry

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Hi ALL!!  As you all probably have guessed, I am running around like anut these days, cramming in as many visits and preparing as much as I can for Patrick's wedding, which is Saturday.  :)  Anyway, just wanted to drop in and say hi for now, and to post a picture I took today of Terry, Sonya and myself.  I'm so proud of myself for figuring out how to use the auto-timer.  LOL!

Love and Miss you all, and thanks to everyone for the hugs and well wishes you all sent through Sonya.  I will post again after I get back to Ecuador, and with wedding photos.  I leave to go back on the 22nd.  Love and many blessings to you all!!!  ~Claudia (4everJoey'sMom)

post-16030-128153895387_thumb.jpg

• Members

Terri - I am so sorry to hear of Tatoo Mike's passing - another Angel for our children to greet. I pray for the family left behind, it is a long and weary journey to walk but the love, compassion and comfort from friends like you will help them.

Oh - the grocery shopping - Jessica loved pickles, they were Claussen Pickles with garlic. Also ceral - the fruity kind and popcorn. Most of all she loved my homemade pancakes - I would wake in the morning to her and 2 or 3 friends sleeping on the living room floor and off I would go to the kitchen and whip up a batch for them. Jessica's friends still talk about that to me. I have the hardest time in clothing and shoe stores though as that is what Jessica loved the most - SHOPPING. We went every other Thursday night and got our nails done, had dinner and shopped - she would always find the most cute things - took me a long time to venture into her favorite store.

Dee - yes Tavian slept so well. What a great time he had - rode his new bike for hours, played volley ball, carved pumpkins and ate alot!! The place we camped has a huge area for bike riding with man made jumps - he was so excited he was up early and on the go. Love to see him so happy.     Wanted to tell you all that he had a bit of an angry moment when doing homework tonight and was getting me angry so I took a breath and looked at him and just started laughing - he looked at me and before we knew it we were both giggeling and the homework got completed and he was in a great mood the rest of the evening - so sometimes laughter is the best medicine!! Another step forward.

Terri - I am glad that you spoke honestly to your mom, it is what we have to do in this new life we live. I still call it "life after Jessica" because it will never be the same, we will never be the same but we learn so many lessons on this journey, it is ok to say no, its ok to take care of us first and most important to be who and what we are without having to give up ourselves for someone else. Take care my friend

Not tired so will read for a bit. Love and Peace, Kathy

• Members

LAST THING KOURTNEY ATE WHILE WAITING FOR ER DOC, BEFORE TUMOR BURST...POPTART...CANT STAND TO LOOK AT EM NOW..:(

• Members

Dan and Greg

What a beautiful testimony to Mike and his Life;)

Betty

Stephen;s Mom

• Members

[align=center]

bigcandle_flame.gif

bigcandle_body.gif

span.gif

Mike

Remembering You on  Your Angel Anniversary.

Carol praying for your  peace today and everyday

Betty

Stephen'sMom

span.gif

[/align]

• Members

Thank you dee, I'll try my best.  I fear the funeral may be held in the same funeral home as Adam's.  I believe I may need a little assistance to get me thru those doors.  I know in my brain it is just a place.  It is not where Adam is.  Neither is the crash site.  But it is a very painful place, and maybe it can be a place I am able to help someone else.

His mother is leaning on having the funeral at the some place they had the funeral for Mike's brother and his three kids.  Which would also be very hard, but that funeral home is directly catacorner (sp) from the intersection where Mike was hit while riding his motorcycle.  I believe the family is trying to come to a compromise  They do know he will be buried as close to his brother Pete and the kids as possible.

Thanks again for asking, I keep telling my friend how wonderful you all are and she is very touched.

Love Terrie (Adam's mom)

• Members

Carol, my wish for you on this angelversary today is to feel Mike close to you and to find the 'hearts' he sends you everywhere you look... in the sky, in the clouds, in the raindrops..... May your memories bring more smiles than tears and his warm arms surround you in your time of grief.  listen carefully, you will hear him say ........"love you mom" .....

http://www.davisblanchardwindchimes.com/files/2160388/uploaded/westminster-quarters-wind-chime.mp3

Hope this works....

My love to you, Marcia   Bethanys Mom Forever

• Members

Carol.

My thoughts and prayers with  you on Mike's angelversary.  It is with love I send to my new friends.  Please know we are here saying his name, thinking of you, thinking of Mike.  Wishing right along with you that things were different, but trying are darnest to do the best that we are capable of. 

Love to you and yours, Terrie (Adams' mom) 

• Members

Terrie, you will be strong for Mike's family, some how we find it within ourselves to do so.  We attended funeral services for one of our patients about 3 months after Bethany died, it was in the same place that did the preparation prior to the Celebration of Life we had for Bethany in another beautiful place, I had walked in the doors of that funeral home 40 times in the week before her services, making sure everything was perfect for my baby girls last goodbye, and when I parked in the parking area in front of the funeral home, I thought I would turn around and go home, but my being their for Helens daughter was so important I was able to get out of the car and 'get through it' .  It was sad, but Bethany was not there, in fact Helen was not there either,  they were both up there somewhere in the sky looking down upon us and smiling at us for doing so well.

Peace and sweet dream to all,      Marcia   Bethany's Mom Forever

• Members
heartbeataway

I am in awe of this site and the big hearts of each and every one of you ......

The pictures and tributes for Mike and Carol are just the best!  Way to go guys!

Claudia,

I so glad you posted the picture!  I just wish I could have joined you guys! 

October 13th ....... there would have been a wedding on this day in 2007. I'm missing our boy big time! 

Then we found out that the bank records we have waited so long for were not the right ones!  So, now we have to wait again.  This waiting is creating problems ..... and is getting really stressful ......

Dad was taken to the hospital yesterday with breathing difficulty.  He seemed to rally a bit last night so ......

Be well,

Bonnie, Jason's Mom

• Members

So many thoughts on so late an eve, I have to get some sleep so suffice it to say that I am so deeply touched by the photo of Terry, Sonya, and Claudia. Three beautiful women, joined by great sadness and united by friendship. We are brought to one another by our Angels, and in our union, they smile. I am happy to know that you gathered and shared time and each others hearts. Hooray. Claudia, have a lovely wedding as Momma of the Groom. Terry, it is good to know that you are out there, your Beautiful Daughter is a lovely sight to my eyes.

Terrie, if you go to the sevice, just remember that you can leave early if you feel it is too much. It is a powerful experience to be back in the same place again, I have been to the same funeral home about 7 times now. Incredible. if you do not choose to go, they,( Mike's family) would surely understand. Don't be too hard on yourself if that is your decision. Either way, there will be a swarm of thoughts in your head as the death of another brings so much forward. Be nice to you please.

Greg and Dan, what absolutely wonderful tributes to MIKE, I know he is grinning at the reference to his beloved team.

Betty, I like that candle you lit for Mike, the movement in it so pretty.

Sleep well Folks,

lovingyou,

dee

• Members

Bonnie, I will say some extra prayers for your family until this is resolved. My goodness, of course it is stressful. I want you to get some sleep and see if tomorrow brings any better news for you guys.

You are loved Bon, on this day and each. Jay is holding you close in his love. Let that rock you to sleep.

dee

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Thoughts as I drift off tp sleep tonight are with you, my dear friend Carol, as you miss Mike and survive another landmark--the anniversary of Mike's passing from this life to his eternal home, where you will meet again with the love that keeps you forever connected through time and space...  LOVE & HUGS!!!  ~Claudia

• Members

Carol, I found this poem for Mike. For you, the last line say's it all. May you find peace today and maybe memories of smiles with Mike.

Ode to the Yankees' Pain

By Julie Westcott - Concord, NH

The Evil Empire has fallen and the Yankees have lost,

Steinbrenner, it seems, cannot afford the cost.

All their millions could not buy an ALCS win,

Now the Yankees have lost; let the celebrations begin!

The stage was set for an ALCS sweep,

Unfortunately, the bullpen would not go that deep.

What happened to A-Rod; he went 0-4?

Jeter got a hit, couldn't he get a few more?

Too bad that Kevin Brown had to punch a wall.

He was pulled after two, with no command of the ball.

A grand slam by Damon brought a tear to my eye,

It felt like the heavens had fallen from the sky.

Bellhorn was clutch, he had a pitch to hit, too,

He skied it to right, and the Yankees' fans booed.

Big Papi's the man, he got another home run,

D. Lowe was perfect; New York fans were stunned.

The Yankees' pitchers did not live up to their stats.

They didn't have enough for the Red Sox bats.

The Bronx bombers efforts just weren't enough,

Red Sox Nation is just too tough.

Down 0-3, history was made,

The Sox stood strong, they were not afraid.

Walk off after walk off, the Red Sox prevailed,

Their bullpen and lineup caused the Yankees to fail.

The loss last year made this victory sweeter,

Even their captain couldn't save 'em, stupid Derek Jeter.

The Sox reversed the curse from 1918,

This year they've shown us, they really are the team.

The house that Ruth built has fallen to dust,

55,000 fans were finally shushed.

For the Yankees fans this poem is painful to read,

We'll say, "Cowboy Up! You just gotta believe."

• Members

Carol - My thoughts and prayers are with you today. May your memories of Mike be wonderful today. I will say his name loud and proud!

MIKE! MIKE!! MIKE!! MIKE!!!

Sonya

• Members

TERRY, SONYA, CLAUDIA    great picture of the three of you.  its nice to see a face to the mane of some sweet ladies.

mary ann

Brian's momdukes

• Members

CAROL,  you and Mike are in my prayers (like always) but more so today.

i hope Mike shows you so many signs today, and for his three children.

it never gets easier.

Hugs,

mary ann

Brian's momdukes

• Members
heartbeataway

Mike ...........

[align=right]Mike ..........

[/align]Saying his name .........

[align=center]Mike ................

[align=left]Love you Carol

[/align][/align]

• Members

Carol, I so wish I could enlarge my words and color them pretty, but alas, this school computer will not do such things.

MIKE MIKE MIKE, bless your Momma and Pops, bless those Sisters and Bless those wonderful Boys that will always carry you on their way. You are in them for all time.

Long May You Run Dear Man,

Carol, may the life of your Boy be what brings you smiles today, letting his leaving be but a tiny piece of the larger picture.

Dee with love

• Members

MIKE 

MIKE   

MIKE  

hold your mom close today

• Members

Carol----Thinking of you today.....your Dear son, Mike's Angel Day.

May his smile shine down and warm your sad heart.

• Members

MIKE

MIKE

MIKE!!!!

Now I can scream your name in colored lights that hypnotize...

Your place in Heaven must include the very best seats to the Red Sox Games, and a keen view of your Momma rooting for your beloved team. Mike, you are loved through and through, each day, each moment. Blessings. Hey yank on Eri's dreads for me.

• Members

Betsy, love that poem you left for Carol in honor of Mike. Super poem.

I know that Carol feels the love today from all around, as this family settles in for the night, know that I feel blessed to be a part of you.

dee

• Members

WOWWIE IDK ABOUT YAL BUT IT IS FOGGIE AND DEPRESSING HERE..IM TRYING NOT TO SLIP INTO A BIGARSE FUNK BUT GEE WIZ U CANT SEE NOTHING OUT THERE..WENT TO THE CEMEMTARY AND I COULD SEE WHERE I WAS THAT WAS IT..ON KOURTNEYS BENCH...

WE HAVE WINTERNATIONAL RACES THUR FRI SAT HERE IN ARDMORE, KOURTNEY WOULD BE ALL ABOUT IT...WE WOULD DRINK HOTT COFFEE AND CHOCOLATE AND LAUGH AND ACT RETARDED..YELL FOR OUR BOYS AND RIDE THE 4 WHEELER..BUT NOT ANYMORE (I STARTED TO SAY THIS YR) YA LIKE IT WOULD HAPPEN NEXT YEAR?? ITS ALL GONE..NEVER TO HAVE THOSE TIMES AGAIN JUST SWEET MEMORIES...IN MY FOGGIE ARSE BRAIN..

I DID HOWEVER BUY SOME BABY ITEMS, KOURTNEYS LIL FRIENDS GF IS PREG SO I BOUGHT HIS BABY SOME STUFF, A BASKET WITH SEVERAL ITEMS AND THEN I WENT TO KOURTNEYS KLOSET AND ADDED SOME USED ITEMS I FOUND A ONESIE THAT SAYS "I LOVE COWPOKES, OSU" AND KOURTNEY WOULD HAVE BEEN ALL OVER THAT...I THINK IT WAS MY FAV OUT OF THE WHOLE BASKET..THEY TOO ENJOYED IT...

WELL SAYIN MIKE MIKE MIKE AND MISSN KOURTNEY....DOES IT EVER END...:

KOURTNEY LYNN, MOMMA MISSES YOU SO MUCH BABY GIRL, WE ARE COMING UP ON 2 YEARS SINCE THIS ALL BEGAN AND 2 YEARS SINCE IVE HEARD YOUR VOICE..AND LAUGHED WITH YOU...HOLD ME TIGHT BABY IM NEEDN YOU SOOOO MUCH...ALWAYS MOMMA

• Members

Thinking of you and your family Carol. Sending big cyber hugs your way.

Mike  MiKe  MIKE- nope, we will never stop saying your name.

Lynn aka Kayla's mom

• Members

No one could ever question the validity of this site when one sees the love, care and support offered by all of the wonderful people here, sending out such love and concern to help one breathe their way through an angelversary a breath at a time....you are ALL so wonderful, so thoughtful...I don't know where to begin...everyone has just gone over the top with your wishes and thoughts...today was a rough day...but I checked in a couple of times and had my heart lifted by the wonderful outpouring of support from you all...from so many saying Mike's name....Mike's older two boys came over and we went and visited Mike's site...they each brought a star-shaped balloon on which they had written a message, and also a pumpkin, which they had also written a message on.  They were subdued while there, but glad to bring the balloons and the pumpkin.  They both commented that they each felt that it hardly seemed like their dad has been gone for three years...  I read the poem "Do not stand at my grave and weep", and spent a few moments talking to Mike...Afterwards, we went to a restaurant to get them supper before we brought them home.  While there, they both remembered having been there before, about 8-9 years ago, when we rode the Amtrak train so the boys could see what it was like, and got off at the station next to this restaurant and had supper there, with their dad.  They both recalled it as a fun time, and I am so glad they were able to pull the good memory from it all. 

Thank you all, so very, very much, from the bottom of my heart, for all of your messages...hubby came over and read some of them, and was just in awe of the time and care taken to leave us a message to let us know you are with us today.  Thank you Dan and Greg...and everyone...the messages are just awesome, again, thank you all so very much.  Betsy:  the poem was just awesome!

Bonnie:  Keeping you in thought and prayer that this somehow gets settled...I am so sorry you are having to deal with so much.

Terrie:  I am sorry about Mike's passing...I pray that his family will find comfort in knowing where he is, and be able to draw strength from that.

mikesstoneforflag.jpg

love and peace,  carol  mikesmomrs

• Members

Carol – I’m glad you were able to spend time with Mike’s older sons, that was very nice and so glad that they had happy memories of their Dad.

To everyone – Lunch with Claudia and Terri was wonderful. Claudia’s smile looked just like Joey’s. She was as sweet and wonderful as I had thought she would be.

Sonya

• Members
lovekristy4ever

I know how you feel about Pop Tarts.  Kristy's friends made her a big poster for her hospital room that said "I love you more than Pop Tarts".  All the kids ate them.  I hate having those associations. 

:(

• Members

Carol - so glad you got to spend times with the two boys. Happy that you made it through yet another day of sorrow/saddness but how true your words are that the love shown here is overwhelming and can lift one's spirit up. Thinking of you.

Very quiet here today, usually I come on and there are many posts. Just that kind of day I think.   It is raining hard here and the wind is howling, cold - BRRRRRRRRRRR!! So not happy that summer has left us.

Think I will curl up under the covers and read my book for a while - always need something to help me go to sleep.

FINISHED OUR FLAG - IN THE MAIL TOMORROW!!!  It is kind of hard to let go of it now that it is complete but my hubby took pics so I will have them. I am happy that my Jessica will travel to you Bonnie and from there travel with all of our Angels - together as they are now!!

Much love and peace, restful sleep and sweet dreams, Kathy

• Members

Carol,

Sorry I missed Mike's angel date - no excuses, just didn't make it yesterday.  Doesn't mean I don't think of you all EVERY DAY, ALMOST ALL DAY! 

Love and prayers,

Terrie (Adam's mom)

• Members

WELL MY FLAG WAS GONNA BE READY TOM, BUT OUR PLOTTER BROKE SO IM HOPIN I GET IT TO YOU IN TIME...

• Members

I will start my flag tomorrow evening after a hectic, no CRAZY week at school. I am just home now at 10:25, after leaving for school at 7:15 this Am. I stayed at school to tidy up, (I am a slob and we painted all morning in class, so you can imagine...) and I typed up my conference list and what not, then met Erica's buddies, (Bridget and others) for dinner, then went to fundraiser at a local wonderful place for music, where  a man that I love, his son was in my room several years ago, played with a band. Dave wrote all of the songs he played tonight, so cool. It was great, but I am bushed and have to be at school by 7:00 tomorrow to meet a parent who sounded loaded when he called me tonight to ask to meet me before school Friday to talk about bullying. His Son told him that he is feeling bullied. Now his son does some bullying, so I don't know what to expect. WE'll see.

Anyhow, this whole week has been a whirlwind of work and arguments about testing and silly crap, and when I come here I know what the world is really about. It is really about love and support and kindness and moving forward, and sometimes not moving at all. It is really about the kind of friendship that makes a person feel they are a part of something huge.

thanks to everyone.

Carol, I am very glad that you had the time you did with the boys yesterday adn that their memories remain in tact. Mike must be so glad.

Terrie, not being present on the actual screen does not mean you are not present, you are here and you are here...(pointing to my heart).

love,

dee

• Members

Called Steven today to try and get an idea of what to get for his partner Kelly's birthday.  His voice was shaky when he answered his phone.  He broke down on hearing my voice.

I went cold as he told me Kelly had found a lump in her armpit and the doctor found a 2cm lump in her breast..She is 31 next week.  They are going for further tests and a review at the Breast Clinic...my old workplace.

To the accounts department up there somewhere....pls cut these kids a break.  They overcame so much to be together and raise their family,......make this a benign growth with perhaps an ingrown hair in the arm pit.  Don't keep heaping on those who already have had soooo much to contend with.......Zak and Jeya need their mum....Steven needs Kelly....its that simple....

Please keep this young family in your already overcrowded thoughts...they need all the positive energy they can get........

• Members

Trudi:  holding you close, keeping Kelly and Steven in my prayers and thoughts...you are right; these two deserve their future---I pray it will be brightened by good news.  Sending love and strength, my friend.  Please let them know they are in our prayers, as are you, sweet lady.

love and peace,  carol  mikesmomrs

• Members

I've been working on choosing a permanent urn for Richie's ashes. I say Richie because there was the time I introduced him as such and he said " Rich " mom. OK. So he was no longer Richie.

Choosing this urn has been difficult. I found one I liked but it was called the Martha Washington . I can hear  him now! So I went with straight lines, granite, silver font color because he liked raw mental for his bike and matte silver Sharpies. I didn't feel I could do this by myself so I emailed my brother and he gave me his opinion too. Then Richie's picture. Well, he sure looks good in his Tux and there was a time he wore tie's to school. ( we never did learn how to tie a tie right) Back and forth,back and forth with pictures. So I said, OK Rich, help me out here. I settled on his picture from christmas, the last time I saw him. Not formal, his hair a little mused but that is Rich with a twinkle in his blue eyes and his beard. T-shirt, surronded by the peope that love him so much.

This has taken me months in thought and days in actually taking the next step. Draining.

Trudi, yup, enough is enough. A prayer for good health just went up.

Betsy,mysonRich

• Members
heartbeataway

I love you more than Pop Tarts ......... is that not the sweetest?  :)

Received Sherry’s flag banner yesterday. I can’t explain the emotion I feel when I open the packages.  I look at them and feel the pain and the love and the missing ......

I have a feeling that these flag banners are going to travel and represent our children, our hearts, our ongoing love and compassion at many different venues.  And I just know that the comfort they bring to others is going to be worth every stitch, every ounce of effort and every dollar spent in putting them together.  They are like pages in a very sweet but sad journal.  They make you smile through your tears and they give hope.

My oh my I never dreamed this project would be what it has become.  I look forward to sharing it with you guys.  I also think it’s a project that unfortunately will never be finished.  There will also be one more flag banner to add .......  

Trudi,

My heart just sank when I read your email. My prayers are with you guys.  I know how scary this is.  I had a similiar experience and it wasn’t until after a biopsy that we knew I was okay. My was 2cm also. That is huge!  Someone told me to think of a golf ball!?! Even though it’s hard, try not to think the worst. Especially when they discuss options and you get the feeling they know something they’re not telling you.  Also know that I have had friends (just more than one) who were diagnosed stage 4 and they are still going strong. The advances in treatment are nothing less than miraculous!  I’ll also hold you close to my heart.  You’ve had some tough days and weeks ...... blessings your way my down under friend.

Kathy,

Yesterday was one of those cold rainy days here also.  Rich has a horrible cold and I have an intravenous line with Airborne in it ....... ;)  I cannot get sick right now.  We are just over a week away from Pinnacle Days.  It’s exciting but it’s also busy and hectic.  Just the logistics of getting everything there can be overwhelming.  But, once we’re there it’s an energizing good time with good people.

Carol,

I think of you often ...... I know life has been heavy.  I love the way you spent Mike's angelversary with his children. Memories in the making while you remember. Very touching recount of your day.

Betsey,

We had a box to hold Jason's ashes at the services and until they were spread at The Pinnacle.  It was just straight lines and we had the quote, "and when he shall die, take him and cut him out in little stars,  And he shall make the face of heaven so fine, that all the world will be in love with night" ( Shakesphere) engraved on the front of it. We had the same words as the lead in for his obituary. Whew,  ashes and obituary ..... and I'm talking about Jason. Still not believable!

Sounds like you've taken your time to make sure you made the right choices.  It sure sounds perfect!

Dad is hanging in there. That just means more days of pain and medication to ease the pain. Dying ........ is it harder on the person dying or those left behind?  CNN has had clips this week of folks who have cheated death. There was one who had a heart attack and he talked about the "warm, peaceful feeling and the bright, bright light". For some reason that was comforting to me. The transition should be warm and bright and peaceful. 

Can you guys believe it's snowing some areas already?  Man, does that mean we're going to have a tough winter?  My blood is thin from living in Texas and I'm already freezing my bippy off so to speak. :shock:  But, I'm also loving it and can't wait for the first major snow storm of the year! 

Hope everyone has a decent day,

Love!

Bonnie, Jay's Mom

• Members

Trudi – My prayers are with Kelly for wonderful health.

Betsy – Glad you are happy with your decision on the urn for Rich’s ashes. I know it was a hard decision and one that you should not have had to make. I’m also glad you got your brothers input.

Dee – I will start my flag tomorrow also. I’m not good at doing things ahead of schedule. I always say I’m going to get better at that, but that doesn’t seem to work out for me. You are such a busy women with all you do, I hope this weekend you can catch up on your much needed rest.

Terry – It’s so nice to see Kristy’s picture again. We will have to do lunch again soon.

Bonnie – My prayers are with you and your Dad. Take care of this wonderful husband of yours. It doesn’t look like I will be making it next weekend. Mattie’s Halloween party is on the 24th and she is looking forward to being a witch. (But most days she already is) LOL!

Sonya (Danielle’s Mom)

• Members

TRUDI,  i am so sorry to hear about Steven's partner Kelly.  hell of a way to celebrate a birthday.  your family is in my prayers. 

Good luck to Kelly, i hope and pray that it is northing.

hugs

mary ann

• Members

Trudi, I will keep Kelly and Steven in my prayers that they find nothing malignant, Dear God, please look down on them and give them a break.....they need to be around many mnay years for their children and their Mom. 

Sunny days here, still missing my little girl horribly.

Marcia              Bethany's Mom Forever