Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I lost my 18 year old wonderful boy on Jan 28....

O F

• Members

He left in the morning to his college and never returned...He was found in a car where he died after he has his lunch there ( as he usually did )...

Whe he was leaving in the morning I saw his car and had the wildest thought - you will never see him again - and I can not forgive myself I did not pick up the phone and did not call him back, just blessed him and said a prayer...

• Members

I'm so so sorry for you loss. We lost our 14 year old daughter Oct. 25th, 2012. I have to be honest with you. 1-2 weeks before she passed my husband and I both had similar thoughts. I say there was a spiritual battle going on there. My husband says our hearts were speaking to us. My voice said , How would it feel to lose one of your children? I understand... I feel the guilt too, the what if. But I also know everything about her was the first 2 commandments. She would not want me to be filled with this all my life. As I'm sure this is true for your beautiful son. When you can and are ready, try to know that. I pray you are being held and comforted during this time. I know your son is. I know this is so hard. It is everyday. Don't let anyone put you on a timeframe. Just do what you need to do for you. I still catch my breath at our reality that we are forced to face. But, we have no choice but to face it every day. My prayers go out to you and your family.

dsmurph

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Dear OF.....please go to the Loss of Adult Child...many are on that site that can comfort...and reach out to you....for we are all on the same path....please know we are here for each other...we are finding our way, too....it is so very hard...and grief is a very physical hurt....so please use 'self care'...and be good to yourself....issues of regret and guilt are always going to find their way into your heart....but remember the love you and your child shared....for love is still the greatest healer ...God has His Arms of Mercy, Grace, Healing and Love around you and yours....I lost my son, John David in August of 2012.....so we do know what you are going through...it isn't easy...but do-able....

• Members

Thank you, dsmurph and Mermaid Tears.

I checked the mentioned thread but everybody there seems like knowing each other for years, which is, considering the length of the thread, probably, true. Thank you for your support and encouragement....

• Members

Dear OF

Welcome to our very supportive loving place. The Loss of Adult Child Board has members ranging from a few weeks to a number of years walking this painful road. We share about our loss, our precious child and support each other as we walk this difficult path. New members are welcomed into the circle, and the circle simply becomes wider. We are each supported with compassion, understanding and loving arms. The reason for this is that we have all suffered the loss of our most precious children and understand as few others can.

Give it a try. Post a short message to the Board introduce yourself and tell a little about you son then wait and see. You will be part of the family of Indigos immediately.

I lost my only child Stephen 6 years ago and this Board saved my sanity and life

Please keep coming back

Archived