Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My Mother

Kanida11

• Members

I have not loss my mother yet, she is currently in the hospital where the neuorologist belives she is brain dead. He will be able to confirm tomorrow morning. I dont know how to go on right now. So i wrote a letter to my mom, even though i know she will never see it.

Mom,

I know I have already told you this oh so many times, but I love you and you really are the best mother out there. Even through all the stuff I have put you through in my lifetime you have always been there for me and forgiven me. When I apologized to you in January for how I was as a teenager you said thank you and that you had forgiven me a long time ago.

You are truly my best friend, the one person I would spend all my time with if I could. I can talk to you about anything and everything, and trust you with all of my secrets. As the years go on, our bond just gets stronger and stronger. But I feel like I have taken you for granted. I know we have talked about you not always being here, but I had hoped that day wouldn’t come for many years away. You are such a strong woman and a hell of a fighter so there is still a miraculous chance you can pull through all of this. You have been the most amazing role model in life and you always help me come to my decisions. I don’t know what I am going to do now that I won’t have our daily chats or pedicure trips or our evenings together just talking or just the laughter we share with each other.

I know you would want us to mourn you but not sacrifice our lives mourning you. You would want us to carry on and be strong. You would want us to remember you in the good times and all the wonderful memories we have together. But mom, I just don’t know if I can do that. I feel like I am dying inside right now. I just want to scream and punch a wall or something. I want God to take my life over yours, which shows how selfish I am. I don’t think I can live without you. I am losing you; you are my best friend and my security blanket!

So please mom, please wake up from this nightmare, you survived everything that happened at the hospital last night, I know you have to be able to wake up. I have faith in it. I just keep thinking how not even three days ago you looked so alive and vibrant and happy. I don’t understand how this happened so quickly. How they can say you are more than likely brain dead without giving you a chance. They don’t know the incredible Ann Daniel and what you are fully capable of.

So here is my last plea; Mom, please wake up! The world would be too scary of a place without you in it. Dad needs you; your 35th anniversary is this Sunday. We all need you! You have two grandbabies coming this year, and we know how long you have wanted to be a grandparent. I also will be marrying my love here shortly, and I need you to be there with me. PLEASE WAKE UP OR SHOW SOME KIND OF BRAIN ACTIVITY!

• Members

Kanida,

I am so very sorry you and your family are going through this. Our thoughts are with you, and we hope for the absolute best. We will be here for you and your family. Please let us know what is happening when you can.

ModKonnie

• Members
BreathofAngel

Kanida dearheart,

I am so very sorry for what you are currently undergoing. I know this situation may have well become one of the most difficult if not the hardest of times in your life and I just wanted for you to know that your Mom and you are in my thoughts and prayers. Remember that everything in this life is in God's hands. He is the only One who knows for certain the outcome of a person and their illness. In the meantime, Keep the Faith! God Can Move Mountains!

Regarding your letter, it is a very thoughtful letter that you wrote to your dear Mom. Even though you feel that she will never see it she may well want to hear you read it to her. It was lovely and it is said that even though people are in such a condition they can still hear well and know what is being said to them so that is something to consider.

Again, I will certainly keep your dear Mom in my prayers with the profound added prayer that God will bless her and that her health will be restored. May God touch her with His Divine healing hands and bless her and you as well. Please keep in touch with us as you are able.

• Members

I am so sorry for the pain you are going through..I agree that you should read her the letter. I kept talking to my mother when she had her massive brain bleed and stroke...never stopped talking to her and acted like she was part of the conversation.

My prayers and thoughts are with you.

Archived