Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

loss of mum

danielladunne

• Members
danielladunne

hey everyone my names daniella (17) and my mums name was aileen(44), she was a great woman but she did hve a long battle with depression and alcohol, over the years i did see somethings i shouldnt have done and helped her when she had a fit. when i was 13 she hd a brain hemorage and was in hospital for 6 weeks and she managed to stay of the alchol for about 4 years then she met a new guy who was not as everyone said he was ! shortly after moving in with him she started to drink again then they lost thier house which made her depression worse but i guess i never helped either by goin on about her drinking. on the 27.10.13 she had a fit outside her flat and fell down the stairs although she was conscience when the ambulance got there she was brain dead at the hospital but they mnaged to keep her alive until my nana ad grandad could say goodbye properly. me and my mum never had the perfect relationship but when she was sober she was the bestest mum anyone could wish for, i never went without and she was always there to comfort me when i need her unlike my step mum.

i do feel really guilty about leaving her when she moved in with her boyfriend sometimes i think if i never left then maybe we would still have her here today but guess we'll never know.

sometimes i feel like i have an emotional block because i cant cry or show any emotion for the loss of my mum.

• Members

I am so sorry about your mom. Your mom made her choices and I'm afraid suffered the consequences of them. You can only do so much. They have to want to get help. I hope you will just remember the good in your mom and not the bad. I'm sure she did the best she could.

Please don't feel guilty. IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT!! It is not your responsibility. Hopefully you and your dad can support each other.

You are young and have your whole life ahead of you. Make the best out of it you can.

I'm sorry you had to deal with all that at such a young age. Get your education, go to college and be something/anything you want to be and make your mom proud. She is watching over you.

• Members
danielladunne

thank you ive nearly finished college but ive now got to decide wat to do with the rest of my life to try and not make the decisions she made growing up :)

Archived