Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

my husband received his visit

dsmurph

• Members

My husband travels with his work. We talk alot about Emily. He has been wondering why he hasn't had visits from her since he left. I told him to pray for them. Last night he finally had a dream! He never remembers his dreams. But, he did this one. He dreamed that we were walking out of our home, going somewhere and Emily, same age, was walking with us talking to him. He looked at her and saw her face and asked her," Are you Emily?" He asked it 2 or 3 times. She did not answer. The next time he asked it he looked at her face again and it was Hava. She was 14. We were the same, no older. I told my husband that she was showing him she was still with us and always will be, possibly through Hava. He said he hugged her and started crying and woke himself up crying. I'm so glad she came to visit him. He desperately needed that.

• Members

You are so fortunate to be able to communicate with your husband in your grief...I wish my husband would talk to me. He has clammed up and sometimes I wonder if he has completely written Chip off..like he never existed..He doesn't understand my tears..never tries to console me...We hardly ever talk about Chip unless I start the conversation, then most of the time my husband says nothing...I know he is probably grieving, too..but I wish he would open up. I need that, and I think he does, too.

I'm happy for your husband that he had that dream. It will sustain him and give him comfort.

Much love to you.

• Members

I think it is just harder for men most of the time. My Dad is like that, as I have said before. But for my moma nd dad it is almost like they never learned that part of love, the deepness part of it. it has always been an on the surface kind. I accept that though. I do appreciate that my husband shares his grief with me. The counsler we spoke to said that most men are not like that. She also said that most of the times our type of situation ends in divorce. I don't think that will happen with us. Your husband probably thinks he is safe f he shoves it deep inside and lets no one in. I'm here if you ever want to talk.

Archived