Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of a healthy infant

findingpeace

• Members

at 7 months old he had never even gotten sick. the cutest, softest, cuddliest baby ever. He had the chubbiest most kissable cheeks id ever seen..

so close to crawling..

he had two bottom teeth that he wouldnt ever let me take a peak at; by sticking his tongue out!

he always wanted to be held.. he would hate to sit by himself.

he would gnaw at everything.. his drool would be everywhere!

he refused the bottle and the pacifier.. he only wanted mommy!

he had the biggest brown eyes i had ever seen.. full of life and wonder

i miss him. i want to hold him. i want to be with him.

i cant imagine living an entire life without him.. It has not even been a month yet.

• Members

I'm so sorry for your loss. If I could I would hug and cry with you right now. I hope you have people around you who can do that for you. Losing a child is the worst pain any parent can go through. I will say it again,"the object of grieving is not to get over the loss or recover from the loss but, to get through the loss. That is what we do, anyone who has a loss spends every single day getting through the loss. Just do that, that is all you can do. Bless you

• Members

I'm in the same shoes as you.

My son was 3 months old. And he was the happiest sweetest marshmellow i ever held. Its only been 3 weeks but it feels like forever..

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I just wanted you to know you arent alone and i know just how you feel.

And i'm here if you ever want to talk.

My condolences.

-Deedee.

• Members

My condolences Deedee. Only another mother who has experienced this loss can understand. Why these things happen are beyond our understanding. I'm not sure how you have been coping but I do find some peace in praying. In my case it was an accident due to negligence of a family friend who I know dearly loved him too. So i can't even blame anyone for it. The fact remains that he's gone and nothing is bringing him back. I'm so lost. Being angry wont get me anything. I'm trying to remain calm and do the right thing. I'm just hurting so so much.

Archived