Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Young opinions are destroying me

auri2020

• Members

Hi,

I'm new here and I have no where else to go. August 15 my son jeremiah was born and on August 26 he passed away. I'm married, and doing ok in our relationship. However I'm only 20 years old and the people in my age group are not understanding at all. I'm losing friends left and right because of the comments I hear. For example, I've been told I was too young to be a mom anyway: now my accident is gone: It's easier to divorce my husband now: OR You used to be hot til you got fat with that baby: I;m never having kids cause I don't want to look like you..... and so on. I'm so depressed I'm falling apart. It's only been 6 months and everyone includidng in-laws expect me to have been over it months ago. I've lost all drive and motivation for anything. I'm lost and feel like everyday is pointless. I'd just like something positive. A way to respond to these aweful comments. Or how to conversate with people without falling apart.

• Members

It sounds like there are alot of inconsiderate people around you. If you cannot get support from the people around you, which I really think happens alot, then seek other avenues, like here, or a local support group. I know I have no support from 95% of the people I know. I can count on my fingers the people who really seem to try, and even a couple of those think I should be over my loss, like you really get over it. The ones who do try, I allow them to. I don't push them away. But, I really only have 1 friend who I share almost everything with. She turned out to be a real blessing. We hadn't even seen each other for 7 years and have not kept in touch a whole lot. You will find support where you least expect it dear one. Hang in there. Blessing

• Members

People can be harsh sometimes because they dont realize what you're going through. Dont hold it against them, they just dont know and are too self engrossed to understand the intensity of this pain. There are a lot of tools out there to help you get through this. Its ok to go out of the realm of family and friends in search of support. You should not go through this alone. Please visit a local support group, itll help.

Sorry for your loss. You are not alone...

• Members

O_o..............man screw them! I simply ditch people like that out of my life.

Archived