Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost Mother

Snb357

• Members

Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie here so Hi! I signed up to this forum as It was 16 years yesterday since I lost my mum.

Im 26 years old and was hard for me to understand what happened but as I grew older it became so much harder and this looked like a great site for help and support!

Look forward to chatting to other people who have experienced the same and hoping I can help just a little bit!

• Members

I'm sorry to hear that you lost your mom so young. This goes to show that we spend our whole lives getting through. I'm sure you will find some support here. I encourage you to read books about after this life and possibly find a support group near you. I reccommend,"Embraced By The Light," by Betty J Eadie. Blessings

• Members

I am so sorry to hear about your mom. That must have been really hard to not have her in your life as you grew up. Welcome to the group. I just lost my dad a little while ago but it has really helped being able to talk with others going through the same things. I don't find it getting too much easier as time goes by, did it get better for you? If so how long did it take until the crying finally stopped? I am having a hard time with that part. I look forward to talking to you.

Karebear

• Members
BreathofAngel

Very warm greetings Pointer7,

WELCOME to our forums and I am glad that you have found us. I am very sorry for the physical loss of your dear Mother. Many of us have experienced such loss here and I hope you find a certain degree of comfort in visiting with us whenever you would like and to post and respond to postings. We are good listeners who have experienced a loss thus, we truly understand the nature of the hurt involved.

I know you have been through so much in your short life, dearheart, and it is my hope and prayer that you will feel God's love surrounding you during your hardest moments as well as the love we offer here to those who continue to suffer from their loss.

Please know that love truly continues from beyond the grave as that is a most special emotion that is contained in the soul of people that cannot be removed by anyone and which carries forth beyond time. Be comforted in knowing that we are with you and I, for one, wish you only the very best as you move forward with your precious life. May God bless you always in All Ways.

• Members

Hi Karebear,

Yea it was difficult and strange not having a mum since the age of ten to give you cuddles and all that kind of stuff! It does get easier as time goes on, you start thinking of the good memories and on the anniversary days and birthdays, you start to celebrate his/her life.

The crying bit depends how much of an emotional person you are I guess. I still cried on tuesday at work when it was my mum's anniversary because I am quite an emotional person but some people are just generally strong and can try and get on as normal but it does get easier trust me! :)

• Members
danielladunne

hello, ive just joined and not really sure what to do on here but i lost my mum nearly 5 months ago and im 17 she died on 27.10.12 due to a fit and she fell dwn the stairs and was braindead.

sometimes i dont know what to do or feel is that normal ?

i think i need someone other than my family who has been through this to talk to.

• Members
amaranthseeds

danielladunne

Hey. I think it's really normal to have no idea what to do or how to feel. I just lost my mom too, in october. I'm 25... so a little older than you, but still i think we're both really young to lose our moms. honestly i have no idea what to do either. I've never felt this sad or hopeless, at least not in this way. everything feels bigger and heavier. I had no idea grief would be like this. I've lost people before, but there's something so different about it being my mom, who died in an unexpected way too.

i wish i knew what more to say to you-- i'm looking for more advice myself.

what i have to remind myself is that grief is different for everyone. and we'll never be the same again, and that's okay. it will pass, but embrace it now. be numb. be sad. be hopeless. cry and cry and cry. be angry. get support. be around friends. tell stories, remember and sometimes just don't think about it at all.i've been trying to take this opportunity to do whatever i want right now. treat myself like a queen, nurture myself as much as i can. cuz why not?

i need constant reminders that it's OK to be grieving. it's okay to feel hopeless and sad. they say the first year is hardest. so just go for it. let it be hard as hell. and don't feel guilty for feeling really messed up sad or numb or whatever, and don't feel guilty for feeling happy and having lots of fun sometimes and just totally forgetting about it sometimes, too.

good luck...

like i said i don't know what to do either. and thanks for your post. so simple and true, and reminded me that grief is really complicated. and i have no idea what i'm doing, i hope i'm doing it right in a healthy way, but just don't know.

love

amara

• Members
danielladunne

thanks amara you really helped me, my family dont really help much because they dont know what to do or say except from my dad because his mum died a few years but my step brother and sister dont know what to do as it isnt their mum. i hope im doing this in the healthy way aswell but it doesnt feel like it or anything really :L I cried alot at first but i think im just numb now but i just want to move on with my life (which sounds bad) but i dont want to have the same life she had but i probably will if i stay here when i could be some were else but i suppose i'll have to wait a bit.

• Members

This is a great forum, lots of help here!

Sorry to resurrect this thread but does anyone here celebrate their mothers/fathers birthday after they have passed away? like have a get together with a few of their friends/family?

Its just it would have been my mums birthday tomorrow and wondered if anyone else thought this might be a good idea?

• Members

I do! I lost my mom nearly three years ago just four days before my 21st birthday. It took me a while to really start coping because I had to head back to my deployment a few days after she passed away. So now I celebrate her life as often as I can. I don't think I go a day without talking about her and sharing memories I cherish. It's still incredibly difficult to realize she is no longer just a phone call away

Archived