Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

arrrrrrrrh I want to scream

kaycee42

• Members

why can people not just be a bit supportive, especially those that are supposed to be close. My mind is a mess, it is so full, it feels like it is going to burst. Siblings are ****, husband is useless and children well they are only self interested. I feel so alone without my Mum and Dad. I never dreamed that my parents would die, let alone within three years of each other. I just want my Mum and Dad. I feel like they are the only people that ever really cared about me. Just needed to vent.

• Members

Hi Kaycee,

I am sorry you are going through this. Sometimes it does feel like no one cares or truly understands, doesn't it? What happened that you felt they didn't support you? Do you feel like sharing?

ModKonnie

• Members

Support may not come from the ones you expect it to. Allow whoever is sent to you to be that one who you lean on. It may be someone who you least expect. Hope your day is better tomorrow.

• Members

Thank you for your replies, so far today is no better, maybe tomorrow. The problem is that I am dealing with Dads estate, which is complicated and to top that everybody wants it all their own way but I have to be guided by the law, which I am doing, but it does not stop others telling me not to do things that I must. At the end of the day, I will keep within the legal requirements, no one else will do anything to help and this is all on top of missing my Mum and Dad so much. Why do things have to be so complicated at such a difficult time. Thanks for listening.

• Members
baileymargiealice

My dad had terminal cancer and Alzheimer's and started the dying process when I went home for the holidays this year. He passed away at home on Jan. 4.

I'm the most sensitive in my family. I'm also the only child without a spouse or children, so I feel like I have no support system. My sister and I used to be close when we were kids. She didn't even want to hug me right after he died.

My dad was the one person in my family I could always count on for affection, a hug, etc. Now he's gone. I feel like my family is gone.

I'm so sorry you feel like you're also without support. It makes me feel a little better knowing I'm not alone in feeling the same way.

-Karen

• Members

Firstly I am so sorry for your loss Karen. No you are definitely not alone Karen. There are many on here that (even if not actually alone) are alone in their grief. My family has not bothered to ask me how I am doing, not even a phone call at Christmas or New Years. Traditionally they would phone at these times but it would seem they only called because Dad was always with me (too much hassle for them to bother having Dad). The trouble is I know that they are only looking at things from their own side of things, whilst I like yourself are a bit more sensitive and see both sides. I really do feel that now I have had enough of family that does not care and am beginning to think about whether they add anything to my life that is worth holding on to and you know, I think the answer to that is no. So I guess once everything is sorted out I will learn to live without them. It is still very early days for you and you need support where you can get it, so come here often it has been a godsend for me, take care of yourself.

Archived