Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Death is a strange thing for me to understand.

beaman

• Members

My mom passed 2 years ago. The number of times of being ultimate sad has decreased. Yet I still don't quite understand death. Just now my mind got into the dying process of my mom, all that cancer and asphyxia thing, how she couldn't breath and a sudden death. I mean I more or less understand the body mechanism, but I don't understand the part that a loving and lively person is gone. Her mind is gone, her facial expressions, her wills, her thinking of how to get more comfortable and more healthy, all gone.

I'm sad, inevitably. I hope to see my mom in heaven. How I wish to speak to her again.

• Members

This is just my opinion on death. I believe from the time we are born that our bodies are just a casing for our spirits. The part you know of your loved one, their personality, funny faces, who they were are part of their spirit. We can change our outward appearance by diet exercise, surgery or other ways but the person inside, the spirit remains the same. When we die, the outside shell no longer works and the spirit is then released to go towards heaven or whereever else it may be headed based on the persons beleifs, The spirit goes on. I believe we will be united with that spirit one day just as our spirit will one day fly free of our shells. That is my opinion.

• Members

I agree completely with Karebear. I truly believe that the body we walk around with is just a vessel carrying our spirit. You will see your Mom again in Heaven; and I wish to do the same. I also would love nothing more than to pick up a phone and be able to speak with her again. It is hard to wrap your head around death no matter what the circumstance. Especially when it is the death of someone who was so lively and full of life.

• Members

You will see your mom in heaven. Just like the others said , We are just a vessel," The spirit goes on. Good book about that-Embraced by The light, by Betty J Eadie. I can't help myself, I referr this to everyone who has lost because it helped me so much.

• Members

My mom passed 2 years ago. The number of times of being ultimate sad has decreased. Yet I still don't quite understand death. Just now my mind got into the dying process of my mom, all that cancer and asphyxia thing, how she couldn't breath and a sudden death. I mean I more or less understand the body mechanism, but I don't understand the part that a loving and lively person is gone. Her mind is gone, her facial expressions, her wills, her thinking of how to get more comfortable and more healthy, all gone.

I'm sad, inevitably. I hope to see my mom in heaven. How I wish to speak to her again.

I know what you mean. When I was taking care of my Dad for 2 1/2 years, me and my Mom tried our best to keep my Dad healthy, and we did a pretty good job. I would take my Dad to the doctors (my Mom has osteoathritis so she couldn't help do any heavy stuff), and we would keep track of his blood tests and his kidney function and stuff and we continued to keep him healthy, and me and my Mom took pride in it. But towards the end of his life, when his kidneys and other organs were shutting down, we briefly thought to ourselves, "all that hard work keeping him healthy is going down the drain?!?" But now, since my Dad is gone now 4 years, it's easier to accept now.

Having said that, I still get moments when I miss him badly. Just this past weekend, I was going through my closet and I realized that I had a digital thermometer that goes in the ear that I used on my Dad to take his temperature to help monitor ifhe had any urinary tract infection or other infection. And I realized I still had the batteries in there. I tried to turn it on, and I was surprised that it still worked, but it also stored the last temperature I took of my Dad, which was 98.9 degrees. That was his temperature when he was alive,....ALIVE! At that moment, I was transported back to when I used to take his temperature and I felt sad and I missed him.

But overall, most of my thoughts of him are pleasant memories of the good times I had with him. It does get better over time, so hang in there.....

• Members
BreathofAngel

Dearest Beaman, Please accept my deepest condolences on the physical passing of your Mom, dear one. I know it is extremely difficult to contend with losing a Mother.

You wish to understand the part of why a very animated person is gone. When a person's life cycle on Earth is complete, God takes them back home from whence they originally came. You see, the "body mechanism" that you speak of is only part of the physical body. But that body is not invincible or long-lasting. It will last for only a brief amount of time and then it must return to its source -- the Spirit world. Notice how it ages and becomes ill, etc. It is because we are truly Spiritual beings in human embodiment. Even Jesus came into this world incarnate but returned to the world of Spirit as Spirit. So will we at our appointed time! All that you illustrate about your Mom are wonderful things but it is said that before a person incarnates they must choose certain tasks that they will undertake in this world along with hardships, all designed for our further spiritual growth to learn and move forward spiritually because it is in spirit that we are truly born of and to spirit that we must thus return.

But since there is no real "death" but only the shedding of the physical body in exchange for the true Spiritual body, a person continues to live on in spirit in the higher realms of God's Light and since spirit never dies, neither can those who have "passed away" (and that is only an Earthly term). We will remain as Eternal Beings before God and others thus, We Will NEVER 'die'. And sometimes physical healing is not to be. But healing ALWAYS takes place in one form or another! If it is not within the physical body then it will be within the Spiritual Body by way of transition or passing on. That too must be regarded as the ultimate healing. And please know that God makes no mistakes in this regard so while we may indeed miss our loved ones very much, God always knows why they needed to depart at that point in time that they have.

As to your seeing your Mom in Heaven -- dearheart, You Will see her! She is there for you and you will surely see her at your appointed time! In the meantime, those who have graduated from their life's lessons this world has offered them want for us to know and understand that we must continue to live our life to the fullest, being careful of what we say and do, and always being mindful that we must honor God through His beloved Son Jesus Christ and wait until we are called back to spirit by Him. And when you get there you WILL be able to speak to your Mom! However, one thing to remember is that since in the spirit world one does not exist in physical body anymore we will not have a vocal cord or functioning lungs with which to speak and produce sound. Therefore, our communication will be mainly through thought. All who exist in that realm communicate via telepathic thought. You will be able to recognize her by the degree of brilliance in her aura. Dr. Elizabeth Keebler-Ross, M.D., has written excellent books on "death" and the process of.

May God bless you always and keep you safe and sound and may Jesus walk with you as your eternal guide.

• Members

I agree with a lot of what has been said by the others to your post, with the exception of one thing. I do believe that in heaven we will be able to vocalize and speak to each other because in the book of revelation which is a prophecy of what is to come it talks about voices from heaven saying "Allelulia, salvation and glory and honor and power to the Lord our God." I believe by the many referrences in the book of revelation to others praising God that we will have the ability to speak and to hear however or whatever our new bodies will be made up. I also believe you will be able to recognize your mom, not because of any type of aura, but because we will be given a knowledge to be able to recognize our loved ones. Again no one knows for sure the ins and outs of what our bodies will be like or how we will recognize each other but we know that we will. Your mom will be there to welcome you home when it is your time and will welcome you with love and open arms and it will be a glorious reunion. Just as it will be like that with my dad.

• Moderators

My mom passed 2 years ago. The number of times of being ultimate sad has decreased. Yet I still don't quite understand death.

Nobody does. We all have our ideas and opinions and beliefs, but we will only KNOW ie for a fact when it happens to us. All in good time, hopefully. Meanwhile I think we should try to live our life the best we can here.

Archived