Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

alone

heartbroken4rel

• Members
heartbroken4rel

Why do grief hurts so bad? Sometimes I wonder can I continue to go on with my life. People keep telling me it will be okay soon in due time but how when I feel like crap. Why do people always say are you okay no im not okay do I look like im okay. Its hard to talk about the way I feel to family because than they think I'm depressed. Im not depressed I just want to vent

• Members

Dear Heartbroken, I'm sorry for you recent loss. I believe family and friends mean well, but unless you've gone through it you have no idea of the true pain we feel. Take time to grieve,cry, just let it out and it will temporally give you some relief. I truly believe it will never go away, I just hope the pain dulls after time. Come here to vent as everyone here understands that there is no right or wrong way to go through the loss of our loved one.

peace and comfort, Marti

• Members

Vent away - we all do here and from time to time. In this group we give support when it is needed and get it when we need it. We all understand the loss and heartache we have from losing someone special in our lives. In my case it was my husband of 32 years. My heart aches daily for him and some days it is less than others, yet every day I hurt for the loss I experience every day. We know you are experiencing a loss that is unbearable. Hang in there time helps the pain to lessen - it will not go away it will just become easier to deal with. Sending you a big hug knowing this will get better for as it is in the process for me also. The friends and family Issue they don't undestand they are not helping maybe try to say I just need time and leave it at that?

• Members
heartbroken4rel

Thanks mgilbertson for replying. I truly appreciate ur advice

• Members
heartbroken4rel

Thanks caremal. I am grateful for ur words of encouragement. It must was hard losing ur husband after 32 years. Do it really get easier as time past? I just went back out to work and I forget about the pain on the inside cause of the workload but soon when its time to go home the pain come back again. I miss the text I use to receive telling me to have a good day and I love u. Caremal I will try to hang in there n hugs and kisses to you. Thanks

• Members

Hi my name is kate my partner passed away 8 wks ago sudden i found him in our bed he was my life for 28 years ano they say time heals it does take along time but i cant even go in our room as all i see is the last image of trying wake him up av been sleeping on couch went in room last week cryed my eyes out lying on our bed touching his clothes hoping it would make me feel close to him but it never and i didnt feel any better is this because i cant except hes gone i cant cope dont no how to is this normal x :(

• Moderators

It is very "normal," if there is such a thing in grieving. You need to give yourself LOTS of time because it will take that. Do whatever you need to to help you through it - family, friends, activities to stay busy, grief counseling, etc - and reading/posting here if it helps. Occasionally we even get some "chat sessions" going if you want to join in. Best to you -

Archived