Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

mom just committed suicide

whyme

• Members

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Just try to get through one moment and one day as it comes. Do not let people tell you what you need to do or how soon you need to move on. You do in your timing. Eventually try to find a local support group. It is real hard to do, or it is for me. But I know I have to. For me I had to understand where my daughter is and how she is doing. Weird, I know. But it is all about getting through. I found a real good book that helped me to understand,"Embraced By the Light." By Betty J. Eadie. For me I have been really disappointed in the lack of love and compassion from people. So try not to be surprised in others. The main thing is to get through in anyway you can. Again, I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I'm sorry anyone does. It hasn't been very long for me, today is 2 months 3 weeks. But know you are not alone, even though it sure feels like it. Feel free to email me. Love and understanding, Debbie

• Members

I can't begin to imagine the shock and the loss you are feeling right now. I can only hope and pray you are surrounded by supportive people. This is the hardest thing you will have to deal with perhaps in a lifetime and there is no easy way through it. I didn't lose a parent but did lose another close family member to suicide and there is a lot of guilt that was felt in our family, people blamed each other for not recognizing the depth of our loved one, or why we failed to reach him. I can only say that you should do whatever it is at this point that you need to do to get through this, cry if you need to cry, or don't if you can't cry yet. When the shock has past and you are really to share, find a friend, a loved one, a counselor or even a group of broken people like us and share. This is a really good group of people and we will be here for you if you want to talk. Yours friend, Karebear

Archived