Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Tiffany'smom

genevabp

• Members

Hi everyone, I recently lost my baby girl of 22 yrs in a car accident on December 15, 2012. I am yet in a daze, feeling really hurt and confused, I can 't stop crying, I know that I must try to survive but how! Can someone please tell me how they are getting through this nightmare?

• Members

First, i would like to say how sorry I am for your loss. Words cannot express the pain we feel, when suddenly our world is shattered by the death of our loved ones.

I am still very fresh to my loss, so I'm by far one to give advice. Let me just say, find what little comfort you can, surrounded here by us- who have also lost, and are grieving. I have found it easier, to have someone who "understands", by being in my shoes. I would give anything for us not to be, but since we are, it's helped to not be alone.

You will feel every emotion from shock, disbelief, denial, ANGER, so many emotions!! You'll even eventually be pissed at te world, as they are rushing your grief! I am feeling that now, amongst people who have gone on with their day to day lives.

Please reach out to any one of us, on your bad days. I promise, it makes it a bit "easier". Te pain doesn't go away, I wish I could say it did.

I wont fill your head with the normal things most say, as I know from experience, you dont want to hear "it will get easier". until theyve been in our shoes, they have no idea.

, Much love to you.

• Members

And also, please don't feel bad about crying!! Cry all you need to honey, she was your child!! I am here, day or night! You're not alone. I'm so sorry we've met under these circumstances. I am praying for your strength, guidance, and love.

• Members

Hi Tiffany's mom. I am so sorry you are going through this. So sorry that your beautiful daughter is gone.

I never thought I would ever survive. There is no "how to survive manual" Your heart just goes on beating, you just keep breathing and you just keep going through the motions. The only way through the nightmare is to go through it.

But Lora has good advice, read about the loss of a child. Reading others experiences has helped a little, if it's only knowing that you are not alone in what you are feeling. See if there are any support groups in your area for bereaved parents. Being with other people who really understand is a godsend. You can let out all your feelings - and you can cry freely!

And write - or just read the posts here.

You, (unfortunately!) are not alone. You are in my thoughts.

• Members

Hi genevabp, I am so so sad for how you are hurting so badly with the loss of your precious daughter. You will still be in shock and in a daze that comes with the loss of your child.

I wish there were words that I can write to lessen your pain genevabp, but coming to a site like this I found is the next best thing, it being a great help because you know that everyone here knows just how much you are hurting, how much shock you are in, how helpless and alone inside you are feeling, the utter unfairness of what has happened.

Here you can write and say what you are feeling and know that you are safe in knowing that everyone here understands and in that understanding comes a knowing that you are not alone, and that helps just a little.

I myself am still reeling with it grief and utter pain that never lessens - it is now 112 weeks and 3 days since I held my 31 year old daughter Broni in my arms while her Life Support was turned off.

The shock and unreality of my daughters death stayed with me full on for the first year, "stunned" me you could say, but this second year just past has been worse for me because as I am coming out of shock, it is letting the pain come thru stronger than ever before.

genevbp, take care of yourself, be kind to yourself and allow the tears to fall.

dru

Archived