Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Missing Dad

kittyneil

• Members

Hi There,

I'm new here. I lost my dad 3 weeks ago, December 12, 2012. He had been diagnoised with Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis about 7 years ago and the fact that he made as long as he did was a miracle in itself. He actually seemed totally fine up until the last 3 years, with the last year being by far the worse and since August it was really bad. Dad was such a fighter and although I knew he would be taken by his disease, watching him slip away was by far one of the hardest thing I've ever done. I miss him and I thought I had prepared myself, but it's so different when it actually happens. And I'm so torn between being thankful he is no longer suffering and completely lost because I miss him and he's gone forever...anyway, that's my deal in a nutshell, so glad I found a safe place to talk!

• Members

I am very sorry for your loss. I lost my mother unexpectantly September 18th. Nothing, and I mean nothing, can prepare you. I'm still in pain, shock, denial, disbelief..the feelings are endless. I will just say this, take the time you need to grieve. Do not let anyone make you feel guilty, that you're not "over it". Peace be with you.

• Members

I am sorry for your loss. My father died unexpectedly November 4th. There is nothing I can say that will ease your pain. I just want to welcome you to the forum. Hopefully you can find some peace in us with similar experiences.

Archived