Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

how do you deal with the loss of your Dad

steelersfanlisa

• Members
steelersfanlisa

I lost my Dad on December 4th after a long battle with cancer...he was my second parent, mom died 8 years earlier. Dad was always there in my life...I do no know how to deal with what is next. I feel very alone...I lost my beloved Grandmother over Thanksgiving...all the people who raised me have left. I went back to work and am trying to deal with each day one at a time. Coping and dealing with loss are two different emotions.

• Members

Steelersfanlisa,

I am so very sorry about the loss of your father. Some people feel abandoned and lost when both their parents pass. It is a profound experience. Do you have family or friends to be with? Are you doing okay at work? Your loss of your father is so new, it is going to take some time to process. I'm sure getting through each day is probably difficult at this point, but it will get better--it truly will. Please feel free to post your thoughts and feelings here. We will be here for you.

ModKonnie

• Members

I can't add much to what has already been written. I'm going through my grief process myself and am new to this site but there are good people here to help (or at least try). My thoughts are with you. You are not alone.

• Members
steelersfanlisa

thank you all for your replies...I am not really alone, I have friends and family. It is difficult to hang out with anyone right now. Everyone is so happy it is Christmas time. I wish I could forget the entire holiday this year. I want to pull the covers over my head and not get out of bed for a week. How do you answer the question...How are you doing? I don't know how I am doing...living day by day is the best answer.

• Members

Every time someone says "Happy Holidays" or anything of the like I want to snap. My own brother, who I am not close to, sent a Christmas Card that just said "Merry Christmas". We have the same Dad, what the hell is he thinking. How am I supposed to have a Merry Christmas.

I echo what you say, I don't know how I am doing. When I am aware of my feelings I am pretty sure my coworkers and neighbors don't really want to hear what's going on in my head.

Archived