Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Is it mental or is it physical?

Yadairaisabel

• Members
Yadairaisabel

Hello everyone! I haven't been feeling very well lately. Not that I've been ok because I haven't but there are things going on with me that make me wonder if its physical or if its mental.

Today is my birthday. Chuck always made things special no matter how much I begged to not celebrate he always wanted to make me feel special on my day. This is my first birthday without him. I went to the cemetery and put a doz red roses like the ones he would give me for my birthday. It was very emotional and extremely hard but I survived.

During the day I've been feeling my heartbeat increase out of nowhere. Sweaty palms and uncontrollable shaking of my arms and legs. Around 7 pm the lights went out for about 20 seconds. I have never been so freaked out in my life. I cried and I started shaking. My limbs hurt like if I worked the whole day. And now I'm laying down and all of the sudden I couldn't breathe well.

I'm really not sure what's going on. I know since the day I saw my babe pass I started to get a lot of anxiety. I'm not sure if its just plain anxiety or if there is something physically wrong with me.

Have any of you experienced something similar???

• Members

I hope you are ok, and reading this- but yes, I have had symptoms very much like yours. That's what my panic attacks do for me..my heart beats really erratically, I shake uncontrollably. I may black out from hyperventilating..or I may have a full blown stress induced asthma attack, or a atypical migraine attack. And yes, afterwords, my muscles ache terribly, from the tremors they have been through. It could be that you are having the same type of thing, or there may be something else going on with you. Please go see your doctor, just to be on the safe side. And if they are just panic attacks, and a mental trigger is going on, still take them seriously. i have been warned they can cause physical damage, and may increase the chances of a heart attack or stroke. Try and rest, and try to relax. I know that sounds hard, right now, and especially with children to care for, but remember, you have to take care of yourself, to be able to take care of them.

I have a prescription that helps calm me and reduce the severity of the attacks, but they also taught me coping strategies to help deal with them. There are breathing techniques that can help,( sort of like Lamaze breathing, if you've taken one of those classes) and I also find that music, and meditation help as well. Your doctor may be able to help you set up a plan, or can judge if a medication would help more.

Either way, that's the place to start, with a doctor's visit. They may go away on their own, but I found out that mine increased , and got much worse, and more unpredictable, as the stress builds up.( Also, yes, I have lost my sight for brief periods, due to the migraine effect, but thankfully, that hasn't happened since they figured out what was going on, and I've learned to watch out for an attack)

Hope you feel better today.

• Members
Yadairaisabel

Thank you silver.

Since chuck passed away my anxiety increased and it just keeps getting worst! But I'm def going to the doctor today!

I appreciate your response! God bless you always!!!

• Members

#3Yadairaisabel

I lost my wife November 21st after 56 years of marriage and I have had a hard time too. I have experienced similar symptoms as you and mine were probably panic attacks. I was told by my doctor that this is a normal reaction in some people during the grief process. Your doctor can give you a medication, if you need it. God bless.

GeneB

Archived